Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Mate shoots hind with an ear tag - have you?

I know of one record book sika that escaped from a game park.. walked a couple of km and came back in through a deer trap on the neighbours farm. The owners of the farm were doing a cull and shot him thinking it was a weedy little red and now hes has his name in the record books. As far as i know there are still two more of these escapees still out there..

Escapees everywhere these days. Not a big deal.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Deer, pigs, goats...these are all fair game on public land. They have to be tagged and contained to be considered farm animals. I've shot a few deer with tags over the years, even shot a 13pt Wapiti in an area that shouldn't have had any deer in it...funny story (totally legit, shot on private land), but I still won't be sharing the details online.

Cattle and sheep are not fair game however, as these come under separate rules and require notifications in the paper etc etc...

kj

Ive shot sheep before. But i had knowen them to be there for a few years and one of them i was doing a favour as it made shrek look like an anerexic tape worm. It weighed 70 odd kgs the fuker.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    Was actually number 326, my badAttachment 9049

Closer you say Attachment 9048
    So thats where old 328 has got to.

I wondered where she was.

Let me know where she is PerazziSC3 and I'll come over and pick her up.

Cheers
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by kimjon View Post
    Deer, pigs, goats...these are all fair game on public land. They have to be tagged and contained to be considered farm animals. I've shot a few deer with tags over the years, even shot a 13pt Wapiti in an area that shouldn't have had any deer in it...funny story (totally legit, shot on private land), but I still won't be sharing the details online.Cattle and sheep are not fair game however, as these come under separate rules and require notifications in the paper etc etc...kj
    That's what I believed was the go . They fair game out of the paddock . I know a deer farmer had one of his elks shot just down the road from his deer farm . It would have been clear where it came from , but bloke who shot it didn't do any thing wrong apparently .
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

yep and tasted bloody good too, no way it was farmed

Quote Originally Posted by CreepingDeath View Post
    Ive shot sheep before. But i had knowen them to be there for a few years and one of them i was doing a favour as it made shrek look like an anerexic tape worm. It weighed 70 odd kgs the fuker. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    My Wiltshire ram weighs in at 100 kg and the ewes he is covering weigh in at 80 kg.

Better leave those small ones alone for a while until they get some weight on board.