Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Message to the farmer

Mates daughter found a ute on her property suggesteing pig hunters unknown to her.
    Calls cops. Then gets tractor to the ute and jacks it up, further removing two wheels....and chucks wheels in the fast flowing river
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Mates daughter found a ute on her property suggesteing pig hunters unknown to her.
    Calls cops. Then gets tractor to the ute and jacks it up, further removing two wheels....and chucks wheels in the fast flowing river
    Retribution for that sort of shit can cost a farmer a fortune.
    norsk likes this.

Disconnecting fuel lines at the tank works good. They have enough in the lines to get a hundred yards or so before funning out of fuel. They hitchhike away for hours, come back with 10litres and it goes straight out the tank onto the ground. Give plenty of time for you to organise some support
    Steve123 likes this.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Huk
    You have got to wonder where they coming from the Fuckwits

Not unknown for them to be workers from farms in the district.One farmer friend of mine noticed crossbow bolts in two yearlings still running around. Then had a closer look. Two others missing. Dragged down over fence over bank to road. Even knowing suspects its hard to prove .
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

I had to laugh last year.... friends of ours caught some poachers (pighunters). They knew they had been on the property as they saw lights a few times and found gut piles and tyre marks on their tracks that werent there beforehand. How did they catch them you ask? Well, one night these dumbarses came onto the property through a back road in the evening, and managed to roll their ute at some stage during the night, wrote it off, totally wrecked it. What makes it even worse for these poachers is that they were locals, and were instantly identified due to their ute being a brand new Hilux with "Pamu" decals on it (landcorp) so it turned out that a dairy farm manager for landcorp from down the road was not only poaching somebody's property, he was using his work provided vehicle to commit the act, and hes employed by us (the taxpayers)
    There really cant be much between the ears of some of these fellas
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

How goddamned disrespectful. I hope the police get involved and they get the book thrown at them. What an absolutely dipsh*t thing to do.

All they have to say is they are addicted to poaching and they will get a third off their sentence
    Steve123, Moa Hunter and norsk like this.

Used to see a lot of that skin hanging thing going on through the Waioweka gorge and around Turangi. Always wondered why people did it.
    bigbear likes this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Been happening for the 55 years Ive been hunting. Ignorance isn't a modern phenomena.
    Hocks in letter boxes is another one.

No matter where I hunt I take pride in not leaving a visible trace of having made a kill.
    308 and Maxx like this.

This is no different to those people that drive twenty five minutes plus out of town up a rural road to dump there rubbish. what pisses me off more is when its metal objects that can be taking into the local metal recycle for free like stoves, freezers etc
    erniec and Steve123 like this.

wannabe bad assess in their own heads, immature probably ,entitled certainly .potential hunting buddies -no think not!they never learn cause invariably there are those out there who always enable this sort of behaviour,some make a career out of it!
    Tahr likes this.

Quite a lot of pig hunters do it as a way of "marking their territory" or showing off to others. I know one who hangs them on his own road fence.
    I've snuck the odd goat skin on that fence over the years as a joke
    Moa Hunter and Micky Duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Quite a lot of pig hunters do it as a way of "marking their territory" or showing off to others. I know one who hangs them on his own road fence.
    I've snuck the odd goat skin on that fence over the years as a joke
    I do to
    Marty Henry likes this.

Walking my rifle
    Saw that yesterday when i walked up the track, wondered what the deal was.