Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Lupo
  • 1 Post By Gkp
  • 1 Post By MCCPRO
  • 1 Post By Gkp
  • 1 Post By Kea47

Thread: Mt dick, Kingston

Mt dick, Kingston

Does this restricted block have chamios?
    Doc website just say red deer, has anyone hunted it here before?
    Cheers for any Info.
    Grantn likes this.

Gkp
    There is the odd chamois. They use to be there in good numbers until a certain green department and their flying machine decided to wipe them out several years ago.
    They haven't had the same luck on the pigs which have been there for a while now. Fortunately the locals tong them up pretty hard to keep them under control
    MCCPRO likes this.

Havent hunted there for probably 15+ years. There are the odd chamois in there, more so if you get in the back blocks. The mount dick block itself is pretty steep from the lakeside

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk
    Lupo likes this.

Yea I've heard there's a few pigs up the Glen Allen block but that's booked out until next year haha.
    I have the mount dick block booked, just going in for a nosey really does look like pretty steep country but I'm not to bothered by that.
    Can you get up onto the ridge / boarder of the blocks and walk along to what looks like a couple of small alpine lakes? And glass down towards the lake.

Gkp
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupo View Post
    Yea I've heard there's a few pigs up the Glen Allen block but that's booked out until next year haha.
    I have the mount dick block booked, just going in for a nosey really does look like pretty steep country but I'm not to bothered by that.
    Can you get up onto the ridge / boarder of the blocks and walk along to what looks like a couple of small alpine lakes? And glass down towards the lake.
    Yep its pretty easy walking and stunning scenery
    Lupo likes this.

A few deer around. Chamois number taken a bit of a hit over last few years. Nice place to go for a look, decent grunt in there. When do you have it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Yep I see the odd small group of chamois when up there. I don't think there has been any 1080 through there either. You have to put in the work for a good Red head, travel light too
    Lupo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    A few deer around. Chamois number taken a bit of a hit over last few years. Nice place to go for a look, decent grunt in there. When do you have it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Next weekend