Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree12Likes
  • 4 Post By PeteD
  • 1 Post By Steve123
  • 2 Post By Daniel Kwon
  • 3 Post By Daniel Kwon
  • 2 Post By Steve123

Thread: Natural and built environment bill.

Natural and built environment bill.

http://https://newsletter.fishandgame.org.nz/t/y-657EAFC21C6E24B52540EF23F30FEDED

Hope the link works.

Copied from Fish and game newsletter

Right now, Parliament is debating a replacement for the Resources Management Act (RMA).

The Bill is an urgent threat to your access to the outdoors to fish and hunt.

It excludes our pursuits, and all other sport and recreation, as desirable outcomes from resource management. Ecological integrity and development are the primary aims, and achieving these can be at the expense of public enjoyment and use of the wilderness, and the recognition of valued introduced species and their habitats.

What’s more, the Bill drastically limits your ability to have input over regional resource management plans, or seek justice when what you value about the outdoors is harmed by decisions.

The new Bill has been prepared quickly and without enough public input. It is a good foundation, but is so important and complex that it requires more time and collaboration across the community to get it right.

Enjoyment of the great outdoors is part of New Zealand life. Experiencing the wilderness is more important than ever to our wellbeing.

We must lock this into law. You must insist that our natural environment, our rivers, lakes and wetlands, are preserved in laws and policies, for public use as well as for its own sake and for environmental health.

I've made mine..........................ya'all should too.................................even though likely decision already been made
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Replacing the RMA is a good thing, it's way outdated and not fit for purpose. This however is a pretty worrying thing to replace it with.

Surprisingly little fanfare and information for such a huge and Important piece of legislation.

Unfortunately the people writing this law don't care and have shown a history of ignoring submissions.

Looks like a steaming pile of shit. Roll on October. I'm over these assholes stealing our rights out from under us.
    Maca49 likes this.

In addition to submissions, you should be able to voice your concerns either online or in person too. I've heard some folks really give it to MPs.

Also, I highly, highly recommend that people request an OIA seeking information on how many sporting organisations that would be affected by this were consulted with during the engagement period.
    Pengy and trapperjohn like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Kwon View Post
    Also, I highly, highly recommend that people request an OIA seeking information on how many sporting organisations that would be affected by this were consulted with during the engagement period.
    How would someone go about doing that Daniel. I’m keen , but don’t know where to start.

https://environment.govt.nz/about-us...%20Environment.

That link should take you to the OIA submission page for MfE. From there you can submit an OIA request on the Bill.

If I were submitting this request, I would ask questions like 1) how many sporting organisations/associations, (including but not limited to) national representative organisations, such as fish and game, NZDA, GAC, were consulted during this process, 2) I request any and all correspondence from 2021 - 2022 relating to policy decisions they may affect the identified recreational user groups above 3) I request information on what groups/stakeholders were reached out to for comment during the policy development stage and did this include any of the aforementioned organisations etc. 4) I request all submissions received on the Bill and any policy documents including reports to and from the Minister's Office regarding the Bill..

I would then synthesize this info, identify the opposition party member in the Select Committee that the Bill is being referred to and pass on this information and raise my concerns with them. You can call them or email them and they will raise your concerns at Select Committee. Believe it or not, they generally will raise issues brought forth by their constituents.

Honestly though, this really should have been brought to the attention of users way back in 2021 by orgs like Fish and Game when the Bill was being developed and consulted on. Maybe it was and I can't remember. By the time you do all this it will be too late for Select Committee stage, however there is still time for SOPs (Supplementary Order Papers) at the Committee of the Whole House stage where the Bill will be debated in detail so it really is worth contacting the MPs during this entire process. If they don't hear from you, they really won't know a out your concerns.

Whatever feelings you have towards NZDA, they sure as hell have recently embedded themselves in this process and evaluate how Bills like this affect their users and make well thought-out submissions on behalf of their users. Really highlights the importance of representatives orgs and the important role that they can play.

I got the email from Fish and Game as well, but this is just way the fk too late. I mean, submissions close on the 5th of Feb and the email was sent out like the end of last week. Public submissions are usually open for 5 weeks so this really should have been brought to our attention earlier, or more should have been spent on raising this issue amongst our user groups etc. Fk me.
    Last edited by Daniel Kwon; 04-02-2023 at 04:47 AM.
    madjon_, tetawa and Maca49 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Kwon View Post
    https://environment.govt.nz/about-us...%20Environment.

That link should take you to the OIA submission page for MfE. From there you can submit an OIA request on the Bill.

If I were submitting this request, I would ask questions like 1) how many sporting organisations/associations, (including but not limited to) national representative organisations, such as fish and game, NZDA, GAC, were consulted during this process, 2) I request any and all correspondence from 2021 - 2022 relating to policy decisions they may affect the identified recreational user groups above 3) I request information on what groups/stakeholders were reached out to for comment during the policy development stage and did this include any of the aforementioned organisations etc. 4) I request all submissions received on the Bill and any policy documents including reports to and from the Minister's Office regarding the Bill..

I would then synthesize this info, identify the opposition party member in the Select Committee that the Bill is being referred to and pass on this information and raise my concerns with them. You can call them or email them and they will raise your concerns at Select Committee. Believe it or not, they generally will raise issues brought forth by their constituents.

Honestly though, this really should have been brought to the attention of users way back in 2021 by orgs like Fish and Game when the Bill was being developed and consulted on. Maybe it was and I can't remember. By the time you do all this it will be too late for Select Committee stage, however there is still time for SOPs (Supplementary Order Papers) at the Committee of the Whole House stage where the Bill will be debated in detail so it really is worth contacting the MPs during this entire process. If they don't hear from you, they really won't know a out your concerns.

Whatever feelings you have towards NZDA, they sure as hell have recently embedded themselves in this process and evaluate how Bills like this affect their users and make well thought-out submissions on behalf of their users. Really highlights the importance of representatives orgs and the important role that they can play.

I got the email from Fish and Game as well, but this is just way the fk too late. I mean, submissions close on the 5th of Feb and the email was sent out like the end of last week. Public submissions are usually open for 5 weeks so this really should have been brought to our attention earlier, or more should have been spent on raising this issue amongst our user groups etc. Fk me.
    I've put my submission in. People don't realize what little rights we have in New Zealand. Shit like this is happening for a lot of things, there's also a bill wanting to make natural remedies require a prescription, going through quietly same as this one.
    Daniel Kwon and OPO like this.