Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: New world record

Yeah I am living down that way and watching some of this bull shit take place, it's a total marketing to rich over seas clients, big bucks and a lot of ego's pandered to. Look at the state of the guide, guy needs to join Jenny Craig, the 115yr old client looked in better shape. Still it's a way to turn some big money over on some marginal country.
    Sideshow and hotsoup like this.

No skin off my nose. They can go for it. Its probably good for the local economy too.
    kawhia, Pointer, kiwijames and 8 others like this.

Ive got no problem with that , if someone is foolish enough to drop 50 k on a animal like that , let them .
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Yeah, like @R93 said..."they're only lying to themselves". It's just that claiming a world record on something so obviously farm bred and shot behind the wire is not really in the spirit of fair competition. Its kind of like all those world records that Vladimir Putin holds

Kj
    veitnamcam likes this.

Christ that was offensive

What a load of bullshit people will sell themselves when some $$ are dangled in front of them

I'd trust a fat guide like a bald hairdresser and a skinny cook
    kiwijames and hotsoup like this.

Viper "Jenny Craig" Gold
    That poor client will need to photoshop that last photo they took over looking Queenstown? Bugger if I'd like any town in the back of a "Trophy" photo
    Anyway moving on I've some mice to feed and a Nigerian that I've coned into shooting one record it might be a world record too just need to get him out from under the fridge, with his rack he's made the whole thing uneven and the milk is spilling!
    Name:  IMG_0140.JPG
Views: 448
Size:  132.8 KB
    P38, gadgetman and kimjon like this.

Just trying to work out how many I could breed and grow out to that stage. Should be able to turnout 90-100/year......hmmmmmm
    The cogs are turning. Would be interesting what the true return would be. Throw a few Tahr, Fallow, sheep, goats in the mix.
    Get myself a scrubby south facing hill block to transport them to
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$ Sure beats shift work
    nor-west and Quest like this.

Quote Originally Posted by oraki View Post
    Just trying to work out how many I could breed and grow out to that stage. Should be able to turnout 90-100/year......hmmmmmm
    The cogs are turning. Would be interesting what the true return would be. Throw a few Tahr, Fallow, sheep, goats in the mix.
    Get myself a scrubby south facing hill block to transport them to
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$ Sure beats shift work
    You will find that your biggest problem is choice of gun caliber I've hit one of these with the .22wmr and had real trouble later on when I went to run the tape over his head as it was splattered over half the kitchen, also took the fridge out wife was not happy and I spilt the milk, I recon a bow might be the way forward. Then at lest you can shush kebab him once you have the head off.
    Let me no if you want some quality DNA I recon I could get a few of these bad boys past customs. When they asked what I had in me pants I'd not really be lying if I said Horn.
    gadgetman likes this.

If that stag is a new world record, and thats a big if, it will have cost the poor old unsuspecting client way more than $50K! Last 2 "World Records" I heard of being shot in NZ, the trophy fee alone was US$250K ! And thats on top of the hunt cost. The farmer that grew that stag and sold it on to the guiding outfit probably got approx half of that.
    Pointer and Gibo like this.

MSL
    B J Holdsworth special. I'm happy for these 'mericans' to be fleeced and kept away from real trophies.

No such thing as a fat forum member.Most of the forum members I have seen at the Toby shoot are fit and skinny as! And some can drink hard on the evening and still shoot straight the following day!
    gadgetman and Scouser like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    B J Holdsworth special. I'm happy for these 'mericans' to be fleeced and kept away from real trophies.
    Yep, rather 40 of these freak of nature than a sika stags from the Kawekas .

Wasn't planning to break the previous record so not too worried about what they call it, and if it makes the old chap happy why not.
    Nothing is tough about having a 70 lb bow and looking like an uncoordinated praying mantis while trying to draw it back.

Wish I could shoot a deer like that ...,,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    No such thing as a fat forum member.Most of the forum members I have seen at the Toby shoot are fit and skinny as! And some can drink hard on the evening and still shoot straight the following day!
    Dont bet on it. I am not small. Admittedly I do not let it slow me down aand I walk a lot but I carry spare. Even since my childhood, I have never bee thin, but I walk to the top and I have never been in a chopper.

Quote Originally Posted by tiroatedson View Post
    Wish I could shoot a deer like that ...,,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If I shot a deers like that I can picture the conversation with my wife."Hey honey look what I got"!
    "And just where the hell do you think your going to hang that deeer"? "Oh on the wall in the sitting room"!
    "Not on your life buster OUT"!