Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Newbie needs to get off the couch!

I have given it a lot of thought gotta make sure I tick all the boxes! Any idea where I can get a good gun safe at a good price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mucko! I was looking for deerstalkers around here. Paeroa is real close

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshy View Post
    Hi guys, I pretty much have no experience in the hunting sector, but I have always wanted to give it a go, being brought up in Northland, hunting was pretty prominent around me but I never got to go myself. Now that I'm older with children of my own, I really want to get out and give it a go so that one day, hopefully, I will be able to take my children out and get them off the xbox! Any info on where to begin would be great. I'm based in Waihi now. Cheers! Tom.

Hey Freshy what part of Northland are you from Mate?.There is a couple of good buggers from Waihi on here.Good luck and hope you get your kids out for a hunt one day.

welcome to the forum. a good start would be get rid of the xbox!! some good guys on here will be sure to help you. good luck

Hey Neckshot, I grew up in Kaikohe, also Panguru and Kohukohu in the hokianga. Those xbox's will be partly funding my exploits possumer! Haha so getting rid of them is in the pipeline!

A good move in my humble opinion would be to get in touch with local deerstalkers in paeroa. They run the anual "Hunts" course which will have you running around the hills in no time.

Should find contacts here; Homepage

They are down morrisons rd

Whoops! Sorry Mucko, I didnt open your link so didnt realise I was double posting.
    mucko likes this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Try rd1 or farmlands for a safe they often do some pretty sharp deals this time of year

Will definitely get in touch with deerstalkers, thanks Pengy and mucko, this thread has been very helpful! And thanks dairyhunter, I didn't even think to look at RD1

Will definitely get in touch with deerstalkers, thanks Pengy and mucko, this thread has been very helpful! And thanks dairyhunter, I didn't even think to look at RD1

What are you weekends off like could tee up a day for you to bring the family down to the farm. we can hit some gongs and paper for the day and then go for a bunny shoot in the evening.
    Pengy and Gibo like this.

Banned
    Hey Neckshot, I grew up in Kaikohe, also Panguru and Kohukohu in the hokianga. Those xbox's will be partly funding my exploits possumer! Haha so getting rid of them is in the pipeline!

Awsome I spent this xmas in Parkaraka and spent a few years in kaeo we get up there far to infrequently now.If your ever down my way hit me up.

Wow! My kids would love that Pengy! I would definitely be keen on that! Thanks so much for the offer.

I know those areas well Neckshot, will definitely hit you up if I'm down those ways.

Sent from my iPhone

No bunnys at my place Freshy. I think you need to thank Mucko
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Whoops!, sorry mate. Still getting used to reading names from this forum. Thank you mucko! Will see how my weekends are coming up and get back to you mate. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Welcome Freshy

We have a mad keen hunter fisho in Waihi @Chris he's a good bugger and may point you into or onto something if youre nice
    Thanks Gibo ,your not bad sort of bugger either dude .Ya been out wide lately or no ?
    Gun control means using both hands

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Thanks Gibo ,your not bad sort of bugger either dude .Ya been out wide lately or no ?
    Nah mate not even once planning on a looksee monday. Our mate dropped a stick face on our spot on saturday. 18.5 c and green shitty water. They are there, why they are beats me. Cold and crap but hey the food must be in.