Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ammo Direct Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: PARD TA LFR HANDHELD, yerh or narh

MAC

PARD TA LFR HANDHELD, yerh or narh

Hey all,
    Looking this Pard TA LRF model hand held, price has come down so now can swing it.
    Liking the built in range finder and 18650 battery's - anyone have one ? are you happy with it or should i look at something else.
    Not worried about the latest and greatest as there is always something new coming out.

Thanks cheers and beers

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    Hey all,
    Looking this Pard TA LRF model hand held, price has come down so now can swing it.
    Liking the built in range finder and 18650 battery's - anyone have one ? are you happy with it or should i look at something else.
    Not worried about the latest and greatest as there is always something new coming out.

Thanks cheers and beers
    If your buying from this guy: https://pard.co.nz/products/ta-therm...43702493085945

He's always good to talk to so I'd give him a call directly to quiz him about the system. Not sure if it's still the case, but he used to travel a lot for work and was always available to meet up in person if you wanted to trial/test out a unit (or a few units).

Looking at the price and features, it looks like a pretty sharp piece for the money. I'm pretty sure he accepts full refunds too if it doesn't meet your expectations? Don't quote me on that though, I'd confirm it with him directly but I think i recalled something along those lines?
    MAC likes this.

I've been running the TA 32/35 for over a year now. Its light and compact, good battery life, good resolution. I've had no issues and it gets used a fair bit, The LRF is accurate. With the new pricing it is a great deal in my opinion.
    MAC likes this.
    ZeroPak Vacuum Sealers, Zero air Zero waste

Bos
    Bought one about a month ago. Real happy with it. Easy to use, light and compact. Got a couple of spare batteries, but haven't had to use them yet.
    Like all thermals, works best when things have cooled down in late afternoon and early morning when there aren't so many heat signatures around.
    Trout and MAC like this.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Same comments as others, very happy.
    Don't expect too much and it won't under deliver for the price & quality.
    Just use as intended as a spotter for a heat signal image & let the binos do the rest.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk
    Tahr, Trout, Micky Duck and 3 others like this.

I use one for work and recommend them
    MAC likes this.

so whats deal /story with the $599 ones advertised in both latest hunting mags???
    75/15/10 black powder matters

the Pard website talks about 'painting the target' with the lazer. Is the LRF on these visible? Sounds a lot better setup than my mate who duct tapes an aliexpress laser pointer to his old thermal spotter!

Na it not visible to animals or in the thermal but it can be seen through a night vision scope
    Jake77 likes this.

Just note the 18650 batts arnt normal ones they are smaller button top unprotected type so if use other 18650s they may not fit. Talk to Fraser to get his opinion on the type of hunting u do and double check the bottom end magnification.

I have had a lot to do with the pard gear.
    I have just got my hands on the pard ta32/35 and had it out tonight.
    Seen heaps of deer and really pleased with it.
    Just ordered the new 4000k nv scope.
    Should be here Wed I hope.
    It's getting rave reveiws so a bit excited especially if painting the target with thermal LRF for easy acquisition.
    I have gone for the 940 light as I reckon they react to the 850.
    Pard is good gear great nz backup and it works bang for buck!

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk
    Mathias and MAC like this.
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    so whats deal /story with the $599 ones advertised in both latest hunting mags???
    The Pard 009 $599 handheld is a NV unit, not a thermal one.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post
    I have had a lot to do with the pard gear.
    I have just got my hands on the pard ta32/35 and had it out tonight.
    Seen heaps of deer and really pleased with it.
    Just ordered the new 4000k nv scope.
    Should be here Wed I hope.
    It's getting rave reveiws so a bit excited especially if painting the target with thermal LRF for easy acquisition.
    I have gone for the 940 light as I reckon they react to the 850.
    Pard is good gear great nz backup and it works bang for buck!

I'd be interested in your feedback on the the Pard 4K NV. I have the older 2K version and its a great piece of kit. I have the 850nm version but now use it with a 940nm external torch because, yes the deer definitely see the 850nm and will spook, especially at closer ranges. The 940 depending on conditions is good on my older version Pard out to about 250m maybe 300m. both the built in Pard IR and my external torch a VCSEL laser and not LED which also makes a big difference.
    ZeroPak Vacuum Sealers, Zero air Zero waste

Quote Originally Posted by zeropak View Post
    I'd be interested in your feedback on the the Pard 4K NV. I have the older 2K version and its a great piece of kit. I have the 850nm version but now use it with a 940nm external torch because, yes the deer definitely see the 850nm and will spook, especially at closer ranges. The 940 depending on conditions is good on my older version Pard out to about 250m maybe 300m. both the built in Pard IR and my external torch a VCSEL laser and not LED which also makes a big difference.
    Got it mounted up but need a 0moa pick rail to make every thing line up.
    It's unreal during the day when I zeroed it and really easy to do it as well.
    The ballistic data system worked well and every thing is quite intuitive.
    I took it out last night and shot a couple of hares but not a test to be fair.
    The pard thermal hand held is out the gate good and performing as well or better than a couple of high end ones we compared to.
    Will let ya know when I have sorted the rail.

My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

The pulsar axion xm30f is another $500. Anyone used both ? Don’t know a lot about these but have mates that have the pulsar versions . Which seem good . Are there extra functions on the pulsar or better quality ? How do they rate against the others including the pard ?