Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Permit Charges.

Re: Permit Charges.

Shes.comin.around. grass has never been greener i didnt want to leave in the first place. Made some good contacts down there though and still have numbers

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Malhunting View Post
    Level of service should not change and i dont think it needs to i have always found the front desk there very helpful and obliging but what i see as a problem is this.
    I done the draw for them for this years roar and they are way to lenient on what ballots they allow into the draw, like half filled out or any day any block ballots, if i am to pay $10 then i want those ones taken out of the ballot simply because if you cant be bothered to fill in a form properly then give the guy that can the first shot.
    Also what about the scenario of the unlucky hunter who tries and tries to get a block but never gets one but gives DOC $40 to $100 for nothing, is there going to be a points system started to give these people a fair shot eventually instead of taking there money.

My thoughts so far.
    Im not suggesting the level of service change, just that as paying stakeholders there would be expectations. Like if they say we are paying for deer exclosures and "management" then thats what we will damn well get.. I think the system could be stream lined too. Currently it is an automated system for the Blue Mnts, not for Leithen and Waikaia, problem is the mannual input into that system. There is a "points" system for the Blue Mnts, again not for Leithen and Waikaia, and I think it works very well... I dont have a problem with anyday ballots as that gives you a better chance of getting a block which is offset by a higher chance of getting a poorer time...

Malcolm you want to PM your email so I can forward the minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by CreepingDeath View Post
    Shes.comin.around. grass has never been greener i didnt want to leave in the first place. Made some good contacts down there though and still have numbers

I think i remember you saying that you didnt want to go, where ya thinking of this time round?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Im not suggesting the level of service change, just that as paying stakeholders there would be expectations. Like if they say we are paying for deer exclosures and "management" then thats what we will damn well get.. I think the system could be stream lined too. Currently it is an automated system for the Blue Mnts, not for Leithen and Waikaia, problem is the mannual input into that system. There is a "points" system for the Blue Mnts, again not for Leithen and Waikaia, and I think it works very well... I dont have a problem with anyday ballots as that gives you a better chance of getting a block which is offset by a higher chance of getting a poorer time...

Malcolm you want to PM your email so I can forward the minutes?
    Incoming.

Those Any day ballots piss me off aye, people must know when they want to hunt and if they put i a any day ballot and then decide they cant hunt it for some reason and dont hand the block in then that really irks me.

Re: Permit Charges.

I think i remember you saying that you didnt want to go, where ya thinking of this time round?
    Got a job offer in mossburn. And one for next season in oamaru but Im undecided.

Incoming.

Those Any day ballots piss me off aye, people must know when they want to hunt and if they put i a any day ballot and then decide they cant hunt it for some reason and dont hand the block in then that really irks me.
    I will take any day off I get during the roar

Did they elaborate on the exclosures, Block/s

The 6 that are already there...I know of exclosures in Rankleburn, tramways, top of armstrong, and carsons.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by camo View Post
    but $45K to get that many permits out seems a bit too much - could surely cut costs?
    Being a Govt Dept and all, I though 45k was pretty cheap to be honest.
    $5k on Stationary? someones got a big stash of pens at home!