Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Pest Controllers Endorsement

What sort of cover is on the property? If its only scrubby stuff and not too much heavy Bush may be worth a couple hours chopper time to get an initial decent kill on them. As much as it seems like a good thing to do I wouldn't be handing out invitations to anyone other than professional pest controllers with a track record of success or you just risk educated animals. Ask south island high country farmers how that's worked out for them in the past..
    If they're a genuine problem get in there and hit them hard and proper the first time round, don't start off on the wrong foot with them
    Hiawatha likes this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Thermal !!
    I now have mine all for sale as nothing left to shoot :-(
    tetawa likes this.

northdude
    how about 1080

We watch the chopper bombing the bush, then place a moratorium on that block for 3-5 months depending on rainfall. The suckers sometimes get knocked, but the rest of the pigs from feeder size up seem to enjoy a diet of dead possums, and come back stronger than ever!

I see fuck all possums, like when you see one its a special occasion. I’ve seen maybe 3 or 4 in over four years driving up and down on bike, quad, sxs and ute, plus countless hours spotlighting.
    Just...say...the...word

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    Not too effective on pigs, needs a lot to kill em and a sub-lethal dose just trains them up.
    Yes adult Sows vomit it back up and then never touch it
    I have Video Trail Cam of them on another poison
    Clever beggars them pigs

How many PM's you received to come to your aid, for your problem.
    G.I_Joel likes this.

Equipment is important and none more so than the bit inside your head. All professionals will tell you they see plenty of people who focus on the tool and not the best way to use that tool. Just look at a lot of predator control. They will also tell you that it often takes a lot more than one method to reduce the population of any species to a low level and the knowledge and experience on when and what to use. That last bit is where a lot of good reccy hunters fall behind a top professional with no offence intended. It is a totally different mind set. Granted there are some good rec hunters about who could do this and they are hard to find. I may be wrong but this post was on a P endoresement but is actually about the wished result of no pigs. Not just having a reason to own a restricted weapon for the purpose of having fun? There has been some good comments on methods. The bottom line mate is that you need good advice based on a site inspection and discussion of your actual site as every place has its differences that will impact directly on the best method/s for the job. Anything less is educating more than you will remove. I have seen this a lot with pigs. Cheers
    ZQLewis and Flyblown like this.