Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: a right royal fustercluck

a right royal fustercluck

Didnt sleep well last night,shouldve taken that as a warning.
    Terrano didnt want to start,till realised it had somehow been left in gear,shouldve taken that as 2nd warning.
    had driver behind me with rather bright headlights so pulled over to let him pass. turned corner and there was said same ute stopped with hazard lights,a van sideways off road stuck in ditch..pulled up to offer help and buggamesideways the ute driver was my workmate also off for a hunt.
    we got van pulled out of the ditch and headed off again...pulled off road to let mate past again..he gives me shit about being a nana driver lol.
    got close to block and fallow bounded across road...years ago I wouldve bailed out and shot it..not anymore,I have been edumacated and stick to the rules now.
    got out of wagon and my old dog went nuts,wouldnt shut up or settle.....she did as soon as we set off.I had decided to take both dogs as open country and could tie pup to me if was an issue...nah no worries she kept by my side and old gal happy to be in behind..perfect I thought....shouldve heard Murphy chuckling in the matagouri....
    we spotted a further 8 fallow in out of bounds areas before reaching block,the nspotted 9 thar also in out of bounds,then as crested ridge 4 REDS....holy shit,get ready to shoot and old bitch decided to whinge,whine yap and generally stuff things up,deer bolted and didnt stop..as I was using .223 wasnt prepared to take a running,maybe shot....highly pissed off the old bitch n I had words,some of which may have been naughty ones,a little controlled violence was also employed,and some calm down drugs applied (possibly should have had some myself) with immediate area spooked we carried on up to ridge where we had decided to stop for lunch and view flats...cuppa was boiling and deer was spotted below,perfect,finish cuppa and start stalk...10-15 yards down hill a plurry fallow spiker erupted from under feet (plurry dogs SHOULD have told us it was there) up went rifle,ever tried shooting with neoprene cover on scope???? that sorted spiker stopped 60ish yards downhill with only obscured head visable (sound familiar?) shot was taken..new years resolution out window,clean miss,as was 2nd and 3rd and 4th by which time wee black weasel like streak was in warp factor 9 and heading for pastures elsewhere..... NOT MY DAY..... carried on down hill and outtowards wagon,stopping for another cuppa and glassing out of bounds animals....
    a good walk,good company with bro in law along,stopped in at 257w home for cuppa and catchup then headed home with my tail between legs.
    Tahr, veitnamcam, stug and 29 others like this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Bugger. No good micky. At least you can get out atm. This bloody cyclone has buggered things up here.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Hahahahahahaha sorry Micky, but this is hilarious

Wife and kids are asking what on earth am I weeping with laughter about......?!
    Micky Duck and RV1 like this.

Ned
    I look for a silver lining on days like this (although this one sounds pretty exceptional) and think at least I got all my back dated bad luck and a few good weeks of future bad luck out of the way in one hit
    Bol Tackshin and Micky Duck like this.

Days where you can do nothing right shouldn’t have got out of bed, thank god there is the odd days where it all comes together. Good laugh
    bluebaiter222 likes this.

yeah I can laugh about it..and body feels pretty good considering we walked 18km give or take.
    rifle cleaned and put away under lock n key,dogs fed and the old bitch n I have made up and back to being friends again....
    made decision the old gal coming when Im bush stalking,Poppy gets the open country hunts..... will see how that pans out.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Better than a day at work Micky Duck..

At least you are seeing a few animals and can have a laugh at your own expense. Dogs always seem to know what for F*&k sake means aye..
    Micky Duck and Kimber 7mm-08 like this.

Should have put this in the 223 thread Micky.

Day three of solid rain here so no day out today which is what I often do on a Friday, however just stepped out on the deck and plugged a rather large hare that was heading towards the vege patch.
    ROKTOY, dannyb, RUMPY and 2 others like this.

sneakywaza I got
    Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    Didnt sleep well last night,shouldve taken that as a warning.
    Terrano didnt want to start,till realised it had somehow been left in gear,shouldve taken that as 2nd warning.
    had driver behind me with rather bright headlights so pulled over to let him pass. turned corner and there was said same ute stopped with hazard lights,a van sideways off road stuck in ditch..pulled up to offer help and buggamesideways the ute driver was my workmate also off for a hunt.
    we got van pulled out of the ditch and headed off again...pulled off road to let mate past again..he gives me shit about being a nana driver lol.
    got close to block and fallow bounded across road...years ago I wouldve bailed out and shot it..not anymore,I have been edumacated and stick to the rules now.
    got out of wagon and my old dog went nuts,wouldnt shut up or settle.....she did as soon as we set off.I had decided to take both dogs as open country and could tie pup to me if was an issue...nah no worries she kept by my side and old gal happy to be in behind..perfect I thought....shouldve heard Murphy chuckling in the matagouri....
    we spotted a further 8 fallow in out of bounds areas before reaching block,the nspotted 9 thar also in out of bounds,then as crested ridge 4 REDS....holy shit,get ready to shoot and old bitch decided to whinge,whine yap and generally stuff things up,deer bolted and didnt stop..as I was using .223 wasnt prepared to take a running,maybe shot....highly pissed off the old bitch n I had words,some of which may have been naughty ones,a little controlled violence was also employed,and some calm down drugs applied (possibly should have had some myself) with immediate area spooked we carried on up to ridge where we had decided to stop for lunch and view flats...cuppa was boiling and deer was spotted below,perfect,finish cuppa and start stalk...10-15 yards down hill a plurry fallow spiker erupted from under feet (plurry dogs SHOULD have told us it was there) up went rifle,ever tried shooting with neoprene cover on scope???? that sorted spiker stopped 60ish yards downhill with only obscured head visable (sound familiar?) shot was taken..new years resolution out window,clean miss,as was 2nd and 3rd and 4th by which time wee black weasel like streak was in warp factor 9 and heading for pastures elsewhere..... NOT MY DAY..... carried on down hill and outtowards wagon,stopping for another cuppa and glassing out of bounds animals....
    a good walk,good company with bro in law along,stopped in at 257w home for cuppa and catchup then headed home with my tail between legs.
    Murphy has been leaving me alone for a day or two, he was saving it up just for you! Great to catch up again.
    dannyb likes this.

What a c*!t of a day

Great yarn, i enjoyed it immensely and had a laugh.
    When you look at it other than no animal taken it was an action packed day. Got out, good walk and home safe.

Great heading, Dicky Muck

I shouldn't laugh but you do write a good yarn mate. The 100% kill rate target may have fallen but you can blame only blame yourself for leaving the 270 at home.

'nobody told me there'd be days like this'
    It sure makes the good days taste much better when they happen to happen.
    Ya can't park there mate.