Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: RST Hunters Club - New Series

Quote Originally Posted by stagstalker View Post
    The constant reference of stags and hinds instead of bulls and cows was starting to grind me hahah. Cool episode with some sweet encounters though, how did the other guys in the block go?
    We were bought up with stags and hinds, on a fallow trip they are called stags, hinds, bucks and does old habits are hard to break.
    Micky Duck likes this.

My mistake I thought it was a stoney creek and stabicraft ad

Quote Originally Posted by The Hunters Club View Post
    https://www.skygo.co.nz/show/mac_sh_15307

You need to register, but it's free even for non-Sky subcribers
    Good watch. I was wondering what the reasoning for leaving the 6 point was. He wasn't an old animal but he appeared old enough to make a pretty good judgement on his quality which was quite low (well below average). I'd have though he was a prime animal to put down especially when the 8 appeared younger to me as well having more potential (even if it was still a bit average it was borderline enough for benefit of the doubt). I guess id be surprised if the 6 point was ever more than a 7. The call was made so its not important now but i guess was wondering if I was missing something as it seemed to have plenty of pretty obvious issues that id assume the FWF would cull if they saw it while they managed numbers.

Hapuka a stones throw from shore, how good is that.
    Stocky likes this.

Finally something to watch on TV, look for to the rest of the series. Good sized blue cod!
    Stocky likes this.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Quote Originally Posted by Stocky View Post
    Good watch. I was wondering what the reasoning for leaving the 6 point was. He wasn't an old animal but he appeared old enough to make a pretty good judgement on his quality which was quite low (well below average). I'd have though he was a prime animal to put down especially when the 8 appeared younger to me as well having more potential (even if it was still a bit average it was borderline enough for benefit of the doubt). I guess id be surprised if the 6 point was ever more than a 7. The call was made so its not important now but i guess was wondering if I was missing something as it seemed to have plenty of pretty obvious issues that id assume the FWF would cull if they saw it while they managed numbers.
    Both of those stags looked like culls to me. If he's only a 6 at that age, he's never going to be anything decent. The other 8 looked like he had so much Red in him that you'd be doing the fwf a favor.
    "That is ever the way of the Highlander. He alters like a clear pool to every mood of the sky, so that the shallow observer knows not how deep the waters are."

Cameraman Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by FRST View Post
    Both of those stags looked like culls to me. If he's only a 6 at that age, he's never going to be anything decent. The other 8 looked like he had so much Red in him that you'd be doing the fwf a favor.
    After talking with FWF over the past year or so, they've stressed that they should be the ones doing the culling, not hunters in the ballot, so didn't want to encourage people to try and do that work on their behalf, even if they have the best interests of the herd at heart.

"My mistake I thought it was a stoney creek and stabicraft ad" - Unlike the bulk of NZ made shows, we don't get a dollar from the taxpayer, and neither do the guys at NZ Hunter Adventures. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have NZ on Air or Te Mangai Paho funding us, but the reality is we both have sponsorship based business models, so advertising our partners within the show is the nature of the beast.

After talking with FWF over the past year or so, they've stressed that they should be the ones doing the culling, not hunters in the ballot, so didn't want to encourage people to try and do that work on their behalf, even if they have the best interests of the herd at heart.

"My mistake I thought it was a stoney creek and stabicraft ad" - Unlike the bulk of NZ made shows, we don't get a dollar from the taxpayer, and neither do the guys at NZ Hunter Adventures. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have NZ on Air or Te Mangai Paho funding us, but the reality is we both have sponsorship based business models, so advertising our partners within the show is the nature of the beast.
    Well done man, nothing wrong with a Stabicraft anyway
    Keep it up and thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Micky Duck, Stocky and Strummer like this.
    Dan M

The two young guys didn't have any luck, only a couple of roars heard the entire time for them unfortunately. Was a hell of a ride out though, huge seas for the steam back to Milford, was bloody pleased to be in a big boat that's for sure!

'Seafaring Brother' of the Hunters Club, I like that! Really proud of the new season of South Seas Spearo, 5 of the 8 eps were shot in the South Island, so quite different to last year.
    SSS is quality.
    Pixie Z, Stocky and trapperjohn like this.

Great show look forward to the rest. Some awesome filming. The effort you guys put in carting filming gear plus your own gear in that rugged country sure makes me want to be young again, thanks again for a great show.
    woods223 likes this.

enjoyed that a heck of a lot...even with the dodgy computer connection and it stopping and starting.
    enjoyed the boating and fishing as much as the hunting.....its AWESOME to see some bush stalking as well as the usual open country long shots.
    good on you fellas.
    veitnamcam and trapperjohn like this.

100% need the sponsorship to keep it going. I can't imagine it's making you all rich anyway. I'd prefer a few adds and a show to watch than no show.

And fair enough I wasn't really advocating for hunters to cull but I'd have thought that one specifically was pretty obvious/had easy to explain features. But I understand better than someone seeing it and think they are doing a good job shooting all the 2-3 year old 6 points. Look forward to the rest of the season it's been dull without to much to watch lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    Great show look forward to the rest. Some awesome filming. The effort you guys put in carting filming gear plus your own gear in that rugged country sure makes me want to be young again, thanks again for a great show.
    When they showed the size of that bloody camera i felt my knees give way a little hahaha
    Micky Duck likes this.

look at paddock of B11 deer...thats mostly red with a bit of wap thrown in for size gain....keeps the passive,easy handling of red with bigger body and velvet size with hybrid vigour..... look at paddock of them and scratch your few remaining hair folicles trying to work em out.

Great show and the sponsorship works, I want one of those boats!
    What an awesome spot to go from hunting to diving and fishing so quickly.
    Trout and Dorkus like this.