Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: Tahr foundation - give a little page

Done

If anyone belongs to the Lions, JC, Return service association, rugby netball clubs etc print our write up a poster even bring it up at the next meeting! Let them all know about the give a little page and what's going on here!
    Just saw the $10,000 donation from Hunting & Fishing, but every little helps ah
    chainsaw likes this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Having only just recently had the privilege to hunt these magestic game animals for the first time with my two young boys, I was literally humbled by the whole experience. As a North Island hunter heading South I had no real expectations or real appreciation for the size of the country or animals we were about to hunt. 10 days later we left with a complete newfound passion/addiction and I was so lucky to share this with my two boys. The mental and physical challenging country was the best I have seen and the environment these beautiful animals survive in was an unbelievable sight.
    I am a hunter who absolutely lives for the mental and physical challenges that come with this passion. I love nothing more than a good load in my macpac cascade pushing the mind and body to places it hasn't been before. But I am also a conservationist and like most of us also have the upmost respect for our privilege of being in these hills. We clear tracks, do hut maintenance , pick up and remove any rubbish, set traps and help remove predictors and do our bit to keep game animal numbers reasonable while also providing an organic meat source to not only our family but to those less fortunate. I have seen first hand having had both my boys trudging the hills with me since they could first walk what it does for them. They are confident, strong minded, passionate and compassionate kids who challenge themselves in all aspects of their young lives. We live in a world full of technology which has its positives that's for sure, but we also have a high number of child obesity, mental health issues, and a lot of kids who can't even deal with the real world as they are stuck behind computers playing games to all hours of the night, that could benefit from a passion like this. I'm not saying hunting will solve all these issues at all but I know the positives it has done for myself and my children, the memories and time spent together whilst gaining high fitness levels and mental strength is 100% proof of it and without it I don't know how I'd cope.....just the thought of it makes me shutter. We must all stick together on this as its so much more than just a couple of winging redneck hunters wanting free meat. For my family it's our way of life and a great one at it. It's growing my boys into fine young men with the values that we want in this country in the future......and what a sad waste of such amazing resources not to mention the effect it will have on many peoples business and livelyhoods.
    I will do my part to keep my voice strong and my money going towards helping this fight as this IS our passion and we love these mountains and all they provide more than anything.

Matt
    NRT, 199p, Echo and 12 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    Hi, I have forwarded the link to a good number of my nzda Branch people in Hamilton.

I think there might be some foreign hunters who might be willing to give as well. Does any body on the forum has got good contacts with the SCI or other North American organisations or forum sites ( long range hunting.com is one coming to mind), to explain the current situation and show the link?
    Looking at the Tahr foundation page it listed safari club international as an affiliate , would be nice if they made a generous donation !! , im going to put some more money towards the cause this week be nice to keep the $ going up , it helps boost moral !

http://scinz.org.nz/content/himalayan-tahr-cull
    Last edited by Boaraxa; 23-09-2018 at 10:45 PM.
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

Will the thar fondation have a booth or be represented at the sika show next weekend?

$100 done,

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    Will the thar fondation have a booth or be represented at the sika show next weekend?
    I would assume so might be in with the nzhunter booth
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Done, whats the money going to?

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    If anyone belongs to the Lions, JC, Return service association, rugby netball clubs etc print our write up a poster even bring it up at the next meeting! Let them all know about the give a little page and what's going on here!
    Just saw the $10,000 donation from Hunting & Fishing, but every little helps ah
    Would be good to see Mr Tippet step up to the plate and match it

Saw some TV coverage in news on TV1 last night. Thanks to Willey & Greg for fronting the media & putting forward a few positive words about the value of the resource & concerns over the DOC "plan".
    Hardly recognised them with out the camo
    What was disappointing was how little time or opportunity was provided by TV1 to talk in any depth about the facts & core issues.
    They then cut to Eugenie Sage who just dismissed it "of course we are not going to kill every last animal". Yeah right ?!
    Do the math .... by DOCs own count there could be less than 20,000 Tahr, such is the error in the count and assumptions.
    You Mz Sage have just set in motion orders to eliminate 25,000 - DUH ! Lying troll.

It's pretty cool to see people banding together and supporting this.....over $112K in less than a week - impressive

Every hunter should give a little, if you think ' oh I only hunt sika in the kawekas' then your missing the bigger picture.
    JoshC, deer243, Nickoli and 1 others like this.
    Went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find any.

I've just donated. Was hoping to convince my southern cousin to go with me for a few days next year. Not so sure now.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Conmad Jackvann View Post
    Having only just recently had the privilege to hunt these magestic game animals for the first time with my two young boys, I was literally humbled by the whole experience. As a North Island hunter heading South I had no real expectations or real appreciation for the size of the country or animals we were about to hunt. 10 days later we left with a complete newfound passion/addiction and I was so lucky to share this with my two boys. The mental and physical challenging country was the best I have seen and the environment these beautiful animals survive in was an unbelievable sight.
    I am a hunter who absolutely lives for the mental and physical challenges that come with this passion. I love nothing more than a good load in my macpac cascade pushing the mind and body to places it hasn't been before. But I am also a conservationist and like most of us also have the upmost respect for our privilege of being in these hills. We clear tracks, do hut maintenance , pick up and remove any rubbish, set traps and help remove predictors and do our bit to keep game animal numbers reasonable while also providing an organic meat source to not only our family but to those less fortunate. I have seen first hand having had both my boys trudging the hills with me since they could first walk what it does for them. They are confident, strong minded, passionate and compassionate kids who challenge themselves in all aspects of their young lives. We live in a world full of technology which has its positives that's for sure, but we also have a high number of child obesity, mental health issues, and a lot of kids who can't even deal with the real world as they are stuck behind computers playing games to all hours of the night, that could benefit from a passion like this. I'm not saying hunting will solve all these issues at all but I know the positives it has done for myself and my children, the memories and time spent together whilst gaining high fitness levels and mental strength is 100% proof of it and without it I don't know how I'd cope.....just the thought of it makes me shutter. We must all stick together on this as its so much more than just a couple of winging redneck hunters wanting free meat. For my family it's our way of life and a great one at it. It's growing my boys into fine young men with the values that we want in this country in the future......and what a sad waste of such amazing resources not to mention the effect it will have on many peoples business and livelyhoods.
    I will do my part to keep my voice strong and my money going towards helping this fight as this IS our passion and we love these mountains and all they provide more than anything.

Matt
    Here Here!

Anyone know if this Injunction is going ahead? I'm continuing to donate as I'd say we will need a lot of money to keep Thai up at least as far as the next/hopefully change of power.