Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Technology- Where are we heading

A 10/22 mounted directly down would be good for nailing rabbits in vinyards.

PB Tech in Hamilton had a sale on them last week. Had some of the bigger ones up to about 7k I think.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

northdude
    interactive clay shooting
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Oh well my bad but as long as they are nuclear, remember we are advancing technology here! fat Boy was the non nuclear they drop on Germany? Haven't seen the film you're talking about, maybe I should! Looks OK
    Read the book, it's way better!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Maca49 and kidmac42 like this.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Rifle golf, but only drone mounted rifles allowed
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

And people thought Skynet and Terminators were just a fantasy
    PERRISCICABA likes this.

slow moving I reckon you could shoot it down
    Love walking my gun

Animals adapt... Know of a farm that backed on to a 1080'd block no would go near it for 6 months + ...they have shot 50 + foot longs to 30 lbs in the last three months started sneaking in on dusk , then spot lighting , now infer red ...now the pigs know the red light means danger ...paddocks are upside down.. Animals adapt

We have long Rangers , bow hunters , bush stalkers ,tops hunters, infer red hunters, behind the fence and chopper hunters..... We also have head hunters ,meat hunters , weekend hunters and only roar hunters.

Now we have drone hunters ... and as we know you can glass face / slip for hours and suddenly the animal is there. Luck to em are they going to slog onto your favourite spot and then fly a drone ...probs not ... Fly/ drive into a block and use a drone to find and animal ..perhaps but we are already using spotting scopes electronic ,roaring horns scent cover ... You still have to haul your arse up there and a lot can happen from seeing and shooting.

Do I care ...not a great deal! Same with Pig hunting / dog chasing with gps dogs ..head around the road cut off the pig or set a fresh dog on it or ....get to your dogs faster know where they are .. Less worry ( stock damage) .. Less damage to the pig and dogs..

Life is about change ..the only thing that has not changed is you have to get your arse out on the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Animals adapt... Know of a farm that backed on to a 1080'd block no would go near it for 6 months + ...they have shot 50 + foot longs to 30 lbs in the last three months started sneaking in on dusk , then spot lighting , now infer red ...now the pigs know the red light means danger ...paddocks are upside down.. Animals adapt

We have long Rangers , bow hunters , bush stalkers ,tops hunters, infer red hunters, behind the fence and chopper hunters..... We also have head hunters ,meat hunters , weekend hunters and only roar hunters.

Now we have drone hunters ... and as we know you can glass face / slip for hours and suddenly the animal is there. Luck to em are they going to slog onto your favourite spot and then fly a drone ...probs not ... Fly/ drive into a block and use a drone to find and animal ..perhaps but we are already using spotting scopes electronic ,roaring horns scent cover ... You still have to haul your arse up there and a lot can happen from seeing and shooting.

Do I care ...not a great deal! Same with Pig hunting / dog chasing with gps dogs ..head around the road cut off the pig or set a fresh dog on it or ....get to your dogs faster know where they are .. Less worry ( stock damage) .. Less damage to the pig and dogs..

Life is about change ..the only thing that has not changed is you have to get your arse out on the hill.
    Nothing wrong with drones, they seem like a very good challenge......................................... .......................... to hit with a 12g. I would imagine they would show up errors in technique faster than shooting sporting clays since clays can only go in one direction and thats not backwards
    stingray, northdude and Zamkiwi like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Even Bill Gates is afraid of AI:
    Why Stephen Hawking and Bill Gates Are Terrified of Artificial Intelligence*|*James Barrat

James Cameron was a visionary!

lots of things can affect them .
    bloody expensive to buy a decent one .
    need a special license to operate .
    wind can affect them in a big way.
    Mate who works with us in the mines has a couple of flash ones.
    he has invested a lot of coin into it as a photography business and has spent a lot of time and money to get license.
    You still have to get close enough to shoot and cart gear into the hills chargers and lots of stuff would be needed to run it.
    crash it and have to get it back from up a tree on a bluff .
    cant see it being a real issue or do any damage.
    Love walking my gun

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    What would the legal position be, of shooting one down. Either on public or private land?
    I think it matter what side of the fence it lands on, might be considered poaching
    Sarcasm: lowest from of wit, highest form of intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    What would the legal position be, of shooting one down. Either on public or private land?

If its in the air surely it belongs to ..................... no one
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    If its in the air surely it belongs to ..................... no one
    Some one would claim it
    Zamkiwi likes this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Whenever there is a significant change that can change hunting (or any other "manly" sport) someone will pipe in that it is cheating or steals the spirit of the action. I don't foresee ever using drones but I won't poo poo someone for trying something new. That being said, I am glad for certain innovations in hunting bc I have no interest in jumping from a horse to face and angry boar with a short spear. (The true manly way to hunt pigs).

Scotty

Learn to laugh at yourself and never be left unamused.
    If you learn to laugh at yourself, you will never be left unamused.