Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: TWO Questions

Quote Originally Posted by longrange308 View Post
    Plus bring some chev parts over with you
    Need a few
    I once tried to get to Africa with a 350 V8 and a 400 turbo hydromatic in my carry on. The damned carrying straps kept breaking.
    Hunt with Class and Classics

“I have more promises than a vestal virgin, less time than a parking meter and less results than a sterile sire.”

Quote Originally Posted by keneff View Post
    First: don't give up. I recently had a total hipjoint replacement followed by a major infection that took 4 months to clean up, followed by a stroke and I"M about to pick up my new rifle for a stalk in the roar. NOPE. Don't give up
    I bet your nickname is "Lucky".

Sincere best wishes on a full recovery from that stroke, my friend.

“I have more promises than a vestal virgin, less time than a parking meter and less results than a sterile sire.”

Come for the fishing!
    Nil durum volenti !!

As mentioned, come on over ! AirNZ business class has lie flat seats which is handy for the long overnight flight, and direct ex West Coast - watch out for cheap deals which fly through Hawaii or Australia, as it'll add hours to your journey. They also are Star Alliance members with United. Don't fly economy though, it's just too cramped for too long.

Then come and shoot and fish, it's an awesome country and you'll love it

Flight will suck but so so worth it mate.
    Lots of options for easy hunting depending on the species your after
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Quote Originally Posted by luv2safari View Post
    I bet your nickname is "Lucky".

Sincere best wishes on a full recovery from that stroke, my friend.
    Thanks for the kind thought Mate. IN fact, the hip and the stroke are only parts of the picture. I've also had a foot amputated and both shoulder rotator cuffs repaired, spleen ruptured and removed and a shattered wrist pinned>The stroke worried me most, but now seems to be okay. And YES, it is still well worth the efoort to get out into the bush and harvest clean meat. Giving up is never the best option IMHO.
    Last edited by keneff; 17-03-2016 at 04:53 PM.
    jakewire, mikee, screamO and 1 others like this.

I know you're after a hunt but I'm more than happy to take you out for a trout fish if you're interested in getting in to some big browns if that interests ya

And after all the fun, sightseeing, hunting , fishing and shopping, you can either claim refugee status, where we will fix your teeth, house and feed you and put you on a benefit, you can then bring over the rest of your close relatives so you won't be lonely, or you a free to leave and fly back to that awesome country you live in and I'll be visiting in the next 12 months!. Now book your trip, before Donald gets in a builds a wall!
    Dundee, keneff and luv2safari like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

After watching the guy with no legs and limited hand use on Gregs show last nigh, I would have to say that anything is do-able. Go for it.
    Dundee, stingray, mikee and 3 others like this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

I apologise for not remembering the man`s name. He impressed the shit out of me
    stingray likes this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    I apologise for not remembering the man`s name. He impressed the shit out of me
    Ross Millichamp if you were meaning Wed Nights bloody good Hunting program.
    The mans an inspiration !!
    Pengy likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Thanks Mikee. I seem to have lost a day there somehow

Nothing new
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

I'm trying to arrange it, but the wife won't fly, especially on a long trip like NZ or Africa. I would have to fly economy class and suck it up. Money no longer flows in more than a trickle.

What are the gun laws there re: bringing a drilling or maybe my 12ga/8X57JR cape gun? It has a second set of 12X12 barrels and is a compact package to travel with. It has a 1-4 Leupold in claws, and I don't like shooting over 200-250 yards anymore. It's moderately accurate...1 1/2 to 2 inches at 100 yards.

I see Air NZ is somewhat firearms friendly. I would no doubt bring only one gun...a drilling, and probably one in 12ga and 7X65R. How would I buy 12ga ammo in NZ, and what permits are needed to bring in a hunting gun??

I can book a flight from August 1st and departing August 15 for about $1,200.00 US. Should I book to Auckland or Wellington, and where should I stay? How are car rental prices?

Auckland, rental cars are not expensive if your not fussy, Rolls and Ferrari get up there! plenty of hire companies to choose from, motel $130/ 150 NZ. Night for a good one, I go with ,last minute, website for bookings, ferry between the islands isn't cheap but depends on if you take a car with you, on a good day it is an awesome trip thru the sounds, on a bad day it just ain't enjoyable, but you can buy a pie and have an alcoholic drink on board if your stomach is strong! Just remember I'll be asking the same questions on your country shortly!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough