Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: wanting to go Wallaby hunt Rotorua area

Hey Ingrid, can you please give me details of the farm name or a contact number? I'm really keen to get onto some good wallaby numbers. Have bumped the odd one in Okataina/Okareka before tourist season but found it quite hard work during DOC daylight hunting hours. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost n confused View Post
    Hey Ingrid, can you please give me details of the farm name or a contact number? I'm really keen to get onto some good wallaby numbers. Have bumped the odd one in Okataina/Okareka before tourist season but found it quite hard work during DOC daylight hunting hours. Thanks.
    It is omaniafarm.co.nz
    The owners are Tony and Joanna Carr.

I'll just drop in here that Tony and Joanna are awesome people and their hut is really nice too. I reckon it's worth what he charges.

You'll need a decent 4WD to get to it though, the property is quite steep in places.

Thanks guys. I sent him an email and got a call back very promptly. Just sorting out dates to book in a trip, will let you know how I get on.

Also, I went for a night walk (unarmed) last weekend in Okareka to get a bead on animal numbers for when season opens next weekend and bumped into wallabies on the main track. So frustrating staying in the DOC time guidelines!

I took my wife and boys up a few weeks ago and shot some possums but only saw one wallaby. Using torches and making lots of noise probably didn't help, but otherwise it was great night out. Thanks for the heads up on this place. We will be going back again.