Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By hunter Al.7mm08
  • 2 Post By Projects
  • 1 Post By tetawa

Thread: Whanganui private land hunting

Whanganui private land hunting

Good day fellow hunters and huntresses. Was wondering whether anyone can advise me of some private land to hunt fallow deer on down in Whanganui that is self guided and cheap. Obviously I'm willing to pay, but I'm not looking for any expensive guided hunts. Cheers

Try these guys.
    https://www.facebook.com/highpeakshu...ibextid=ZbWKwL

Sent from my SM-G525F using Tapatalk
    paremata likes this.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/services...ing/1076065259. It’s guided but seems reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven708 View Post
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/services...ing/1076065259. It’s guided but seems reasonable.
    Definitely go with these guys heeps of deer & Mark's a great guy

Check out these guys. https://www.remoteadventures.co.nz Its a bit of a haul to get there from the main road, Longest dead end road in NZ i think. But we took a couple of 4 wheelers in there and stayed at the slab hut for a couple nights.

Plenty of fallow in there, hardly "hunting" as they pop out from every where in the evenings. But a great way to get away from home for a couple nights, walk around some farm fringes and pick up a nice meat animal or 2. I woke on dawn for a crap, the open air dunny's up the hill from the hut and I spotted an animal 250m away feeding on the other side of the creek, mid cable laying. Had to cut the job short and sift back down the hill to the hut and put one through its shoulder from a couple hundred meters. I sat around drinking piss for the rest of the day. I had my animal....
    Chur Bay and Sika 8 like this.

If Patea is not too far away Steve Heath is reasonable
    I know a lot but it seems less every day...

Quote Originally Posted by Projects View Post
    Check out these guys. https://www.remoteadventures.co.nz Its a bit of a haul to get there from the main road, Longest dead end road in NZ i think. But we took a couple of 4 wheelers in there and stayed at the slab hut for a couple nights.

Plenty of fallow in there, hardly "hunting" as they pop out from every where in the evenings. But a great way to get away from home for a couple nights, walk around some farm fringes and pick up a nice meat animal or 2. I woke on dawn for a crap, the open air dunny's up the hill from the hut and I spotted an animal 250m away feeding on the other side of the creek, mid cable laying. Had to cut the job short and sift back down the hill to the hut and put one through its shoulder from a couple hundred meters. I sat around drinking piss for the rest of the day. I had my animal....
    Yep, bit of a haul to get in there, but great place.

Quote Originally Posted by Deondahunter View Post
    Good day fellow hunters and huntresses. Was wondering whether anyone can advise me of some private land to hunt fallow deer on down in Whanganui that is self guided and cheap. Obviously I'm willing to pay, but I'm not looking for any expensive guided hunts. Cheers
    You'll be lucky to find private land where the owner will let you loose without a guide, maybe after they get to know you. Need to walk before the running happens.
    Jusepy likes this.