Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: What a bloody shame!

Dead right Maca49. I was in Guncity in the weekend and saw a Asian couple posing with a semi auto and then I turned around to see a guy shouldering a rifle and pointing it at me and the wife. Even she knew that wasn't right and commented. Not impressed so walked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusky View Post
    Dead right Maca49. I was in Guncity in the weekend and saw a Asian couple posing with a semi auto and then I turned around to see a guy shouldering a rifle and pointing it at me and the wife. Even she knew that wasn't right and commented. Not impressed so walked out.
    Really
    Tommy likes this.
    Dan M

Its got to make you wonder about people when that sort of shit goes on in a gun shop.

As tragic as this is for the family and community it shouldn't happen if proper firearms safety rules were understood and practised by those involved.

For a firearm to "accidentally discharge" it has be loaded and ready to fire while not at the shoulder. Not good enough really.

Sympathy I have, but careless it was.
    Sylvester likes this.

Two fatal incidents at the weekend have sparked a review of unsafe and illegal gun use in the outdoors.

Associate Conservation Minister Peter Dunne has begun the process of initiating the review, which will seek to establish what the problems are, where responsibility might lie, and what could be done to reduce the risks of death and injury due to improper gun use.

A 21-year-old hunter died on Sunday after his gun went off while he was climbing over a fence near Ohakune, shooting him in the chest.

James Ross Bucko Johnston, a 15-year-old from Whakatane, died while duck shooting in the eastern Bay of Plenty on Sunday morning.

Dunne urged the hunting community to keep gun safety at the forefront of their minds, as the country had again been reminded that without following best practice and taking the utmost care, firearms could kill.

"Unfortunately there seems to be an increasing frequency of firearm incidents causing injury or death," Dunne said.

"The worst aspect is that these incidents are largely preventable."

Following the review, Dunne would ask the Game Animal Council to work with the hunting and outdoors communities to implement the review's findings to improve the situation.

"Hundreds of thousands of New Zealanders love to get out in the bush to hunt, tramp and enjoy our beautiful environment," Dunne said.

"I do not wish to discourage anyone to stay at home in fear.

"I stress that everyone who enjoys the outdoors needs to take responsibility for their own safety and the safety of those around us."

The Game Animal Council was the right body to take leadership as the representative of the hunting and outdoors communities.

Dunne said he was confident there would be an improvement to outdoors safety following the process.
    Stuff today Tuesday 12th May.

Unfortunatly there are always going to be idiots out there. All the reviews and recommendations in the world are a waste of money wont change that.
    Cyclops likes this.