Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Whats included in a guided hunt?

Re: Whats included in a guided hunt?

woah.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by RUNAS View Post
    It depends really? Where, who, what your hunting? couple of hundred or couple of hundred thousand.
    For a couple of hundred thousand that critter better be bloody gold plated!

Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    For a couple of hundred thousand that critter better be bloody gold plated!
    When you start looking at say guys doing a dangerous 6 hunt in Africa throw in a couple of exotic plains game, lord derby eland type thing. Fly first class every where ,charter helios to take you to different consessions , plus bring along a professional camera crew and be looked after like a king for a month. Yeah 200k may cover it just !

My guide supplied accomadation,ammo,rifle,cooked the food and I shot my trophy even thou it wasn't a big beast from Africa I still regard it as my trophy and everyone has a trophy whether it be a huge animal or rack it comes down to the hunter that shot the animal.
    A memorable hunt with great views and times with a not so big animal can be a hunters trophy for life.

My trophy is still at work....
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    My trophy is still at work....
    Ha ha even a fisherman knows there best catch.........now I better go and find her
    Dougie likes this.

She'll be tucked up warm in bed because she's a smart lady! Now put that beer can down and go!!

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar

Was on foot - had been stalking these rams for hrs - finally got onto them and c lose enough for a shot and took a quick shot. Photos, handshakes etc done.. then when we were heading back, spotted the mob in the distance and 2 were missing.. went back for a look and found the other one about 20yds away from where I'd shot my one.
    Shoulder shot on my one with a 7-08 Corelokt, passed through and hit other one 3/4 back just under spine and he bled out internally.
    Bugger... worked out good in the end as my one had something wrong with its skin as was no good to mount.
    The other one was different shaped in the horn and actually measured bigger and is getting done now - should have pics next week when the guy gets back from Brazil - was entered into a Taxi comp and won something so looking forward to seeing it.

I spent a morning in a stand watching all sorts of exotics from a blind - Sabre, Black buck, Axis etc while the Mrs laxed out in the 5 star accommodation and had breakfast cooked for her, driven around the ranch looking at animals, shootnig pistols and rifles, went bass fishing that evening.
    I did a couple of 1/2 day wanders while there, took a Axis and the 2 rams, while she played with a wee tortoise and read a book in the sun.
    Shes putting the word on me every 5 mins to go back! - Maybe there for Xmas?
    End of the day the hunt is what you make of it and what you want it to be.
    It was a holiday for the both of us, one that I got to hunt on - a very different hunt than what I'll do next year for Moose and Caribou where she will stay at home

Sounds cool, Spanners!

If you Hunt in a place and give a tip to your guide, cook , skinner . Allways give it to them personally .
    Theres some outfitters and Head guides that pockett it and dont pass it on !!!!

Banned
    would i have to sell one of my kids for an experience like that? just askin.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Mine?

Depends on what your kids are worth

Banned
    ha ha ha mine ! so you wouldnt want to buy anymore ive four to give away on various days.mostly sat morns.

So Neckshot how much are you paying me for the guiding up the stanfield

Banned
    Im going for a dive endo sep so ill pay you one cray and a cuple paua ......deal!?