Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: wild fallow hunt

I would rather work hard in the bush to get myself a deer than pay someone to hunt on their farm for the chance of an easy deer especially if it is helping keep the deer under control unless there was a trade off like some meat form the animals shot and a box of their favorite beer or RTD.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Nothing wrong with pinging an easy meat animal off to fill an empty freezer but the joy of the hunt is proportional to its difficulty to me so the best ones are the hard-won kills out in adventurous country.
    mattdw and Bill999 like this.
    Yeah nah bro

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt.

If you want my thoughts on payed access see if you can find my first social club hunt thread on fish and hunt.

I used to think there was no bloody way i would pay to shoot deer when i can get plenty for free.
    It has its place.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I've payed to use" the track " $50 per vehicle . Another station Pay to stay in a hut . But that's where I draw the line .
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

At my age I see nothing wrong with an "arm chair" hunt. My days of steep hills and wet arse are over, With my soft cock son and son in law and me Id pay a reasonable price for a weekend away with them, and a deer.would be most enjoyable.

If the farmer is truthful and deer numbers are to high then good on him. I don't see the problem if you have the cash and willing to pay that much then go for it. Deer numbers up those ways are huge. Lets face it we all hate the green rain so some people need to swallow there pride and accept the fact this is sometimes how it is. A lot of the country up the Wanganui is more like a hunting block than a farm, it not like a fence is any match for a deer.
    I do think his price is much to high though I would be more willing to give him a few days work in exchange for some hunting.
    My 2 cents
    Happy hunting all
    ARdave likes this.

Comes down to what you want to do. Some outfits where you may pay to hunt will make sure they dump you miles from the animals to ensure you work for it.
    If they are guiding they ll walk your ass off just for fun or to have a chat or teach you stuff. I know one that does that on purpose.
    Some folks want freezer meat and find it near impossible to justify walking round in the bush for a week to exit with nothing.
    Some want the experience but lack the fitness level.
    Some want to see plenty of animals to practise their stalking if their family were not hunters. Very easy if your old man taught you and you were country dwellers.
    I paid to go on one property and in three days learnt more than I d ever learnt in my whole hunting time. Got within three meters of deer 20 + times. Where in the bush
    do you have those learning opportunities in a short period of time on one trip. Never been good enough to find that spot.
    Everyone has their own things that work for them. I like being in the bush, its all bush whether its owned or not owned.
    Its all owned... We own it while we're there and give it back as we depart ..

Name:  DSC00082.JPG
Views: 297
Size:  135.0 KB
    mattdw likes this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    That is a nice deer on a nice peice of country Happy. were you content just to photograph or did you harvest it?
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    That is a nice deer on a nice peice of country Happy. were you content just to photograph or did you harvest it?
    Should have the head was all over the place. Big boy though. I got lucky day earlier on .

Oh sorry by harvest did you mean pay to shoot it nah..I have heaps of close encounter pics Spent more time doing that when starting out than pulling a trigger Don't know why just went that way. Still have no problems with the paying thing if that's what you wanna do.

I don,t object to paying a small fee, for learners and the older ones that can't of one reason or another get into the hills etc.
    However that price is crazy and theres no way i could afford that for one animal.

Also my son and i have driven up to wanganui and gone to about twenty farms explaining that my son is new to hunting and would it be possible to have a look around for one or two deer as im not interested in shooting anymore than that and they would be for meet not hunting for trophys, the answer was no not a chance sorry.
    God bless me coz on other bas**@d will

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Oh sorry by harvest did you mean pay to shoot it nah..I have heaps of close encounter pics Spent more time doing that when starting out than pulling a trigger Don't know why just went that way. Still have no problems with the paying thing if that's what you wanna do.
    I don't know about this bloody language we call English. No I didn't mean "did you pay too shoot the deer". I was just asking "did you shoot it".
    Gibo likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!

I don't know about this bloody language we call English. No I didn't mean "did you pay too shoot the deer". I was just asking "did you shoot it".
    I got that you meant that Happy was paid to shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    I got that you meant that Happy was paid to shoot it.
    Bloody language

Bloody language
    Must be a bastard when you can't spit out what you mean to say mate.
    All good we have plenty of patience mate, take your time