Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: .22-250

If that picture disgusts you,look away fast! Hitting soft tissue animals tends to have that affect. Very humane
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    If that picture disgusts you,look away fast! Hitting soft tissue animals tends to have that affect. Very humane
    Hitting an animal in the face (as it appears), rather than the brain or central nervous system, is not humane or cool in my book. But as I said, that's just me and its only an opinion. I might be wrong, but it does not look like it was hit in the head from behind with a front exit?
    Maca49 likes this.

Was hit from below in front as it was looking up. There was nothing in the head left. Very surprised the eye was there as even the grey matter was missing on closer inspection. It was a very fast kill.
    Maca49 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimySquirrel View Post
    Was hit from below in front as it was looking up. There was nothing in the head left. Very surprised the eye was there as even the grey matter was missing on closer inspection. It was a very fast kill.
    Good-o

I have shot a few things with a 22-250 from roe deer and foxes to magpies and rabbit. I love the caliber.
    But since I have played with a 204 , I prefer it for the small tuff.
    55 v-max is my pill of choice. The 62 or 63 grain sierra flat base was pretty good in my 22-250 Ackley.

[QUOTE=SlimySquirrel;418907]22-250 is a lot of fun!!

Does cost a bit more and if you are shooting it lots then you will obviously go through the barrel faster than .223.... I have a factory .223 now that puts holes in holes at 100m with Hornady 55 gr sp... that will work on most game when you pop it in the head!

Having said that.... 22-250 in the head works too!

Looks more like a brain scoop to me ....very empathetic.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jakewire; 05-12-2015 at 12:00 AM. Reason: I don't think we need to see it twice.

If that's your best photo umm it's fuckn n heinous No way I'd share that Just would think its all out there forever
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Not sure what you mean by "Best photo"?

Just showing the damage of the 22-250. Yes it's ugly but it shows the destruction the extra velocity causes over a .223

Not normally one for gory photos either and if you would prefer me to take it down I can.