Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: .223 can knock over a stag?

res
    All this has for me thinking that I should try out a 6mm-thinking softair as if I get the right spot it should be golden
    veitnamcam, mikee and Shamus like this.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Gloatingly comparing the worst possible bullets in 6.5/7mm that you'd have to be clinically retarded to use, to the best possible bullet in .25 cal fired out of possibly the silliest cartridge in existence: totally valid and useful
    Sillier than a 257 STW?

sneakywaza I got
    Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Gloatingly comparing the worst possible bullets in 6.5/7mm that you'd have to be clinically retarded to use, to the best possible bullet in .25 cal fired out of possibly the silliest cartridge in existence: totally valid and useful
    The troll under this bridge is missing the point deliberately.

Please explain why all the bullet manufacturers make those projectiles in those weights, and just how it is they continue to kill game around the world- would quite like it if you sent an email to: Sierra, Hornady, Swift, Nosler, Barnes, Speer, Berger and ask them if they consider their customers buying those projectiles and causing their constant high volume manufacture, are in fact retarded, would like the reply posted, assuming there was one.
    Several hundred thousand current 2506 users may disagree with you, and the 117 Prohunter is not necessarally the best possible bullet in .257.

Disclaimer: this post may not feed this particular troll, keep your hands away fro the sides of the bridge at all times.

No calibre "knocks deer over". Write as much bull shit as you like about the .17 through to elephant guns. Fantasise about magnums, "quarter bores (WTF?)", 6mm or what ever.
    Its the shock to the nervous systym that makes them appear to be knocked over by a bullet. and that is almost totally relient on bullet placement.

And hydrostatic shockwave.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouser View Post
    "I think all the Scully posts are just a pisstake from someone"

My thoughts as well Sako75....was a good laugh though....aye!
    True that...
    ...And short answer is definitely a no! Unless you are an old Rambo.
    Dan M

Quote Originally Posted by 257weatherby View Post
    The troll under this bridge is missing the point deliberately.

Please explain why all the bullet manufacturers make those projectiles in those weights, and just how it is they continue to kill game around the world- would quite like it if you sent an email to: Sierra, Hornady, Swift, Nosler, Barnes, Speer, Berger and ask them if they consider their customers buying those projectiles and causing their constant high volume manufacture, are in fact retarded, would like the reply posted, assuming there was one.
    Several hundred thousand current 2506 users may disagree with you, and the 117 Prohunter is not necessarally the best possible bullet in .257.

Disclaimer: this post may not feed this particular troll, keep your hands away fro the sides of the bridge at all times.

Hyperbole: exaggeration for effect

"it exists so someone might use it" isn't a valid basis for comparison
    Savage1 likes this.

@Toby got me thinking bout a 338-06. He's like 'rain man' - I want 1 they sound awesome... (Honest)
    Toby likes this.

So from what I have just read, would everyone think a .308 Win cartridge in a MSR (AR-10) or a bolt rifle (like a Tikka T3) running a 150gr - 200gr projectile be good enough with the right shot placement?

but as James sully asked in the first post:
    ".223 can knock over a stag?
    Wondering if it's got the power"

the answer would be "yes" but don't do it.
    Using a bigger cartridge is better suited to be ethical and LEARN YOUR RIFLE, I.E. what it does in the wind, and at distance.
    Join shooting club.
    Last edited by kiwiwsniper; 10-08-2014 at 08:01 PM. Reason: I forgot to answer the first post

Hydrostatic shock aside, if you blend up something's lungs, it will die regardless of caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiwsniper View Post
    So from what I have just read, would everyone think a .308 Win cartridge in a MSR (AR-10) or a bolt rifle (like a Tikka T3) running a 150gr - 200gr projectile be good enough with the right shot placement?\\
    A .308 with 150-200gr in any rifle will be good enough with the right shot placement. Tbh most rifles are deadly with the correct shot placement
    VIVA LA HOWA

There are deer were I hunt wallabies I carry a 222 with me if one is dumb enough to stick around while I'm flattening roos I will be giving him or her a head ache

Sorry mate, nothing short of a .50cal will knock over a deer.....

Best stick to rabbits and possums

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Toby and PERRISCICABA like this.
    Using Tapatalk