Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 223 wssm

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Ream it to 223 wsm that should take out the worn throat and tell us all how fast it goes.
    Someone on here who has 14 wild cats built every week was was going to do that but must have forgotten
    Post of the week No month

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    SO are they barrel burners or not?
    Yes. Not really good on anything of any size past 200, that is just my real world experience mate
    you'd be better with a 223

R93
    yes but can you buy packet 223wsm? you can buy 223wssm I don't want to reload for two rifles
    I will reload it for ya!!!! I just wish I had more reloading to do. Gets me out of the friggin house when I need an excuse.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    I will reload it for ya!!!! I just wish I had more reloading to do. Gets me out of the friggin house when I need an excuse.
    it all sounds like to much hassle fuck it, more hunting kit instead I think.

R93
    I don't know you anymore? Reloading a hassle?? The only time I am more relaxed is lying with my back against a handy rock, on a crisp West Coast day, glassing for big bucks or bulls.
    Smiddy and Toby like this.

Banned
    I don't know you anymore? Reloading a hassle?? The only time I am more relaxed is lying on my back on a crisp West Coast day, glassing for big bucks or bulls.
    Im happy reloading for my Ai but want my second rig to be a packet shooter so less hassle for me Ive got enough time poor shit to do

R93
    Im happy reloading for my Ai but want my second rig to be a packet shooter so less hassle for me Ive got enough time poor shit to do
    Not a bad idea at all mate. Just giving ya shit. I would packet shoot my .223 if I didn't have all my brass and powder for free I reckon.

Banned
    Not a bad idea at all mate. Just giving ya shit. I would packet shoot my .223 if I didn't have all my brass and powder for free I reckon.
    For free ya say????

R93
    For free ya say????
    Yup! Fell of a truck.

AB Precision
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Ream it to 223 wsm that should take out the worn throat and tell us all how fast it goes.

I have a 22 RASUM on my r8 just waiting on more 60gr GS Custom projectiles as not many left

The 22 243 is the comparison avoiding the 220 Swift clamour and if plain vanilla all you need is one swipe of the bushing die and you are there. Yes this latter is in the making.Alternatively a 8 twist in 22 250 and you are close. Very good article some issues back in NZ Guns and Hunting by Peter Clark on these calibre's and twists.Just loading soon some 270 brass with Barnes 130's for a friend who is to use them on the wild East Coast bulls. Forgot how big those cases were.My first rifle was the 270 and what a great deer slayer but the boot and as Charlie Janes would say the "Kaboom".Who needs it.Small is good in our world and lethally so.

fuck ive got a heap of brass here thats needs a 2 thou bump, i keep looking at it then grabbing the new cases
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
    fuck ive got a heap of brass here thats needs a 2 thou bump, i keep looking at it then grabbing the new cases
    What cal mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6.5 wsm 300 wsm and a couple of 338 edge. I'm makeing a start on it today, there's not that much I just couldn't be fucked doing it
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

R93
    That's good coz I don't have dies for any of those yours will be rusted in place most likely ha ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro