Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: 22LR for use around babies

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    @Carlsen Highway is right of course. However, I have a 30sqm house and a 150 hectare back yard and no TV, so wandering about the place will continue to be our preferred pass time I suspect. She will not be three months old for long. I had her out wandering around at dusk yesterday and she started laughing. I guess she likes when the sun buggers off for a minute. I quite like the idea of menacing the odd rabbit and hare, but only if I can get out in front of her a bit. Pretty sure the pressure of subs would still damage tiny ears.

Plan is a set of these
    https://www.bunnings.co.nz/peltor-ki...reen_p00314065

And the configuration @7mmsaum described because he clearly hates my bank balance. I will keep the full length in the barrel and put the extra baffled DPT on it, unless I see a similar rifle I like.

Cheers guys.
    The pressure wave of a car door being closed would be much much more than my wee model 2 with a big can on it. I can hear the firing pin bounce. Get a shit old bolty, lop it to 763mm, put a big arse anything can on it. Don't put tassles on the damn scabbard either or people will talk
    veitnamcam and Tussock like this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlsen Highway View Post
    You just wouldnt want her to become afraid of loud noises. It wouldd be an impediment to becoming the Siberian Olympic shooting champion. But with my bolt action .22 and a silencer, with Win subs it literally is just the click of the firing pin and the bullet impact. That would be alright.

But listen shell be crying too much for that soon. They all start off quiet at first and people go, oh, my baby doesnt even cry...
    Oh yeah, nothing worse. I miss spoke. She screams like a banshee and rips chunks out of my beard for fun. She does this less when walking around in a buggy. If she is not asleep or eating she is bored. She only cries when she is bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    The pressure wave of a car door being closed would be much much more than my wee model 2 with a big can on it. I can hear the firing pin bounce. Get a shit old bolty, lop it to 763mm, put a big arse anything can on it. Don't put tassles on the damn scabbard either or people will talk
    Don't need a scabard. Found I can fit a rifle discretely down the back of the chair straps. The 1894 .44 Mag fits nicely.

I've been using Winchester 22 long Z through my BRNO. 770fps and quiet as a bastard. Only downside is I have to single feed them, since my Mag feeder lips are a bit short for these short rounds and they wont feed. I get about a 1/2 inch drop at 25m compared to CCI subs. Seems to kill ok, my longest shot was a head shot on a rabbit at 39m.

I had a suppressed Magtech .22. My bro didn't know
    i had fired if he didn't see me . This standing beside me looking elsewhere.

Most 22lr with subs and a suppressor you will only hear the firing pin

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"