Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: 308 Over barrel or end of barrel suppressor?

Have had both overbarrel and muzzle forward with no issues or any real difference in sound suppression.

Greetings MAC,
    I will shortly have a bob each way on this. There is a DPT muzzle forward suppressor on my .308 Bergara Break open single shot. These are very short and threaded so I could just order one on the inter web and screw it on (not any more though). My M700 .308 is currently having an over barrel DPT suppressor fitted. Over time some of my other .30 and .303 rifles may get threaded for the muzzle forward suppressor. For a serious hunting rifle I would go over barrel but for the short and not so serious hunting rifles a muzzle froward could be considered especially if you want to swap it between rifles easily.
    Regards Grandpamac.

iv got the mk1 overbarrel and muzz forward DPTs and I just saw the MK2 and iv gotta say I like that size more for not popping up too much in the scope at low maginification

7mm06
    Thanks guy, after a bit more research, will most likely go DPT Mk2 overbarrel...

Over barrel all the way mate. Had both pros and cons for both, but definatley a well balanced over barrel you cant go wrong

@7mm06 get a couple extra baffles for it too, you won’t ever look back, I should have done it earlier!
    Go fast, Don’t suck

MAC
    Thanks guys , just getting fitted for DPT over-barrel, looking forward to getting it back next week and trying it out..
    Padawan likes this.

7mm06
    Went overbarrel DPT modular in the end...no barrel cut. 8 rounds at the range to adjust PoI and all is good. Tho' I forgot to remove the suppressor cover and it got a bit 'soft' at one end, but it was too long anyway...🤣 quick trim and its still a bit long but can roll it back under...and small squares of tape on the riflestock for when a new muzzle tape block on the DPT is needed to prevent crap entering...
    Very happy, thanks for all the advice.

Very happy with A-Tec forward 45 suppressor on QD mountswappabled between my 308 and 280AI.

Name:  20201222_204126.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  732.4 KB
    Moa Hunter likes this.