Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 7mm-08 benefits

For years I have used a Remington 700 stainless synthetic in .308 win. It has been a flawless practical tool in putting venison in the freezer.....a good number of hog also. My 19 y.o. daughter wanted to go afield with me and I bought her the same exact rifle in 7mm-08 thinking it a little more suitable for her because it recoils less. In short, they are like two peas in a pod. For practical hunting I would not turn around for the difference. The difference in recoil is negligible. She quickly lost interest in hunting and I traded the 7mm-08 recently for a 30-06 spr. Browning X Bolt. I personally like a .30 caliber and I like the ability to get factory 165 to 180 Grain if I so choose.

Quote Originally Posted by bill f View Post
    For years I have used a Remington 700 stainless synthetic in .308 win. It has been a flawless practical tool in putting venison in the freezer.....a good number of hog also. My 19 y.o. daughter wanted to go afield with me and I bought her the same exact rifle in 7mm-08 thinking it a little more suitable for her because it recoils less. In short, they are like two peas in a pod. For practical hunting I would not turn around for the difference. The difference in recoil is negligible. She quickly lost interest in hunting and I traded the 7mm-08 recently for a 30-06 spr. Browning X Bolt. I personally like a .30 caliber and I like the ability to get factory 165 to 180 Grain if I so choose.
    Should of gone for a 243 mate , as you say there's bugger all difference in recoil between the 7mm08 and 308 . Hope you can find a way to get your daughter back interested in shooting , it's a great sport.
    Gibo likes this.

Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!