Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: 7x57 users out there

Does the nickle fall off insde the die or what?
    VIVA LA HOWA

Quote Originally Posted by Steveh054 View Post
    Tikka has got no sights on it "straight out of the box" so one needs a scope 'cos I'm fairly sure you aren't good enough to shoot MOA without sights of some sort.
    Na only half that!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Is it bad for the dies?
    No ..it makes no difference, it is just perceived that they will damage. I only use the nickle ones for my .280 (mainly so I don't grab the wrong ammo when in a hurry) my dies have loaded just a whole shit load of ammo. I also have a big heap of nickle brass for one of my .308s which is a fussy bitch and I use the same dies for all 5 of my .308s and I load thousands per annum for .308, still got and use the same Lee dies I bought 30 years ago so unless they are super duper dies then nickle doesn't hurt them.

AB Precision
    Why do people get so arked up when they hear there t3 not the best thing out, hell I would have seen my share of them as with any other factory rifles that wouldn't shoot or not true, marks in chambers or barrels they are far from perfect, just a factory mass produced shooter like the rest

Horrible plastic things

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
    GravelBen, Toby and southernman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tui_man2 View Post
    Why do people get so arked up when they hear there t3 not the best thing out, hell I would have seen my share of them as with any other factory rifles that wouldn't shoot or not true, marks in chambers or barrels they are far from perfect, just a factory mass produced shooter like the rest

Horrible plastic things

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
    Quite possibly because of a lack of "latte" or their particular Tikka is not 7mm 08. Agree with the horrible plastic things, though I would have said shit.

At the end of the day they are the most popular medium priced rifle on the market.
    Hello there is a reason for it!
    I would suggest that those of you who choose to shit on the tikka have probably had your poncy $8000 custom rigs with all the bells and whistles have had their inadequacies of their rifles shown up by the humble tikka that has been well set up with scope and handloads.
    the rifle is only part of it,most rifles of any quality will shoot moa but practice and quality optics make the big difference.
    I do own one of the arguably best sniper platforms made and the durty old tikka is not that far behind
    By the way whats a latte,is that when your running real late?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk now Free
    distant stalker, HUNTY and BRADS like this.

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Latte for Taihape lad Andy would be like drinking the beer out of your gumboot instead of the bottle.
    Wildman and BRADS like this.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post
    At the end of the day they are the most popular medium priced rifle on the market.
    I would suggest that those of you who choose to shit on the tikka have probably had your poncy $8000 custom rigs with all the bells and whistles have had their inadequacies of their rifles shown up by the humble tikka that has been well set up with scope and handloads.
    the rifle is only part of it,most rifles of any quality will shoot moa but practice and quality optics make the big difference.
    I do own one of the arguably best sniper platforms made and the durty old tikka is not that far behind
    By the way whats a latte,is that when your running real late?

Jeez you guys with your tikka's are somewhat cranky if someone doesn't agree with your opinion, by the way I have a couple of Tikkas a 695 308 and a Battue .243 both wood blue. Saying that tikka plastic stocks are shit isn't shitting on your little gun gun so don't get so worked up about it, it is merely pointing out that tikka's have shit stocks

Really good marketing certainly helps!

GUARANTEED TO SHOOT about the same as anything else
    Toby likes this.

Not quite right.
    My point is value for accurracy out of the box is second to none.
    I agree about the asthetics of the stocks are nothing flash but they do the job.
    I am glad to see you do own a couple tikkas as now I know you just been winding me up!
    By the way they are rifles not gun guns!

My point is value for accurracy out of the box is second to none.
    Your point is wrong - at what, $1150 bare for a T3? Savage, Remington, Howa, Weatherby, Marlin (just off the top of my head) can provide the same accuracy at a lower price.

Howas shoot just as well as tikkas and are a couple hundred cheaper so do savages . The tikkas are nicer to carry but if value blah blah accuracy blah blah then howas would take that prize. You can pick up a brand spanker in stainless for 400$ chaper than a tikka.

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    OK
    7x57
    My Neighbour has just bought and older boat paddle Ruger in that caliber, had a shot or three out of it a couple of weeks ago off a bench at the beach here, seemed to shoot fine, factory ammo ,but he's a relaoder and I've no doubt it'll be stoked to near 270 levels by the time he's sorted it.
    Tahr likes this.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I dont know if every tikka I have any thing to do with goes well has caused me to be one eyed but then I thought about it and pretty well every new rifle that comes to the range with their proud owner shooting two inch groups invairably get sent away to be bedded a trigger job and a load development done.
    So $400 and month later they finally own a moa rifle.
    I have owned top of the range weatherby hs precision model seven rems all of which I have had to fxxk around with to get to do what the plastic fantastic does OUT OF THE BOX!

Tahr likes this.

Wetweasel - try the 7x57, you will need to find an older 2nd hand rifle, Ruger, Winchester, BSA etc. It will kill anything here in NZ comfortably and probably in Oz as well, wont cost as much as any of the rifles mentioned in all the previous bullshit. Usually very easy to get to shoot straight, and mild on the shoulder, a fun calibre with plenty of options if you dont reload, and lots more if you do. If you can find one at the right price, an old BSA Viscount [commonly called a "Hunter" but the Hunter was only made in 22 Hornet and 222], slap a decent scope, 4x or 2-7, and go shoot some shit.