Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: 85 SS & Finnlight

I seem to recall an expression to the tune of The Value Is In The Eye Of The Beholder.

Yes, $3,200 is a lot of money for most people I know.
    Preview

Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm-- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves.

T.S. Eliot

I mean it like you'd be stupid to actually pay list price and not ask for a deal

I'd consider anyone buying a .270 in the year 2015 a sucker and try screw every last cent out of them, too.
    Toby, BRADS and Skatieguy like this.

a cursory 15 second email effort got me 10% discount offered so I don't know what you're doing wrong

also beretta nz are faiiiirly dreadful. It literally took me 14 months to get a reply to a question about whether I could get a particular Benelli barrel, amongst other things

Then that's good for you and I think that would be a good price point to go from. I wasn't so lucky. I don't know why.

Regarding Beretta NZ, it took me a phone call to get a hold of the guys. Literally a few seconds to get a hold of them and we had a good few minutes conversation.

Deleted post - Information may have been sensitive even without the store names directly stated. I didn't want people to think that the prices I was quoted was what was to be expected from stores or anything of the like. I thought that was the respectful thing to do.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    I'd consider anyone buying a .270 in the year 2015 a sucker and try screw every last cent out of them, too.

How can this comment possibly be viewed as constructive or useful to a new Forum member who appears to be looking for advice.

While I acknowledge that everyone has an opinion, I would expect that you should be able to convey that opinion as a mature adult without adding insult.

This comment applies across the Forum - which I find to be largely very informative and useful.
    Preview

Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm-- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves.

T.S. Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiinSeattle View Post
    How can this comment possibly be viewed as constructive or useful to a new Forum member who appears to be looking for advice.

While I acknowledge that everyone has an opinion, I would expect that you should be able to convey that opinion as a mature adult without adding insult.

This comment applies across the Forum - which I find to be largely very informative and useful.
    Gimp gave him good advice. " don't get a 270"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    7mmsaum and Toby like this.

Get one

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiinSeattle View Post

Have you considered the concept of "jokes"

they're something that happens when someone takes the internet waaay too seriously
    veitnamcam, Toby and Gibo like this.

You are hard to pick sometimes gimp i'll give him that

Read every post in the most sarcastic tone imaginable and you'll be on track
    veitnamcam, BRADS and Gibo like this.