Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Adjustable L.O.P, or Collapsible?

It is not as comfortable shooting like that but has it's merits in the tactical sense, almost irrelevant among civilians. I find the best thing about it is that you can walk forwards and backwards easier with rifle aimed than the bladed stance.

The whole MSSA thing with the police is that it is about the kind of people that style of weapon attracts, not necessarily the functionality of it. eg, flash suppressors.

When do the the Arms Act amendments come out? I would be a little nervous if I had an AR

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    It is not as comfortable shooting like that but has it's merits in the tactical sense, almost irrelevant among civilians. I find the best thing about it is that you can walk forwards and backwards easier with rifle aimed than the bladed stance.

The whole MSSA thing with the police is that it is about the kind of people that style of weapon attracts, not necessarily the functionality of it. eg, flash suppressors.

When do the the Arms Act amendments come out? I would be a little nervous if I had an AR
    The kind of people we are selling AR15's to would generally have higher than average income or are pure enthusiasts - as would be expected with a gun price starting at 2k. They generally take the sport seriously and spend a lot of time at the range - as indicated by the number of referals we get from those who frequent the range. We are also selling a fair few guns to current millitary, navy, airforce and police officers as there own personal toys. I remember one customer from one of the military bases, to which we delivered, stating that he wanted to get hands on experience with an AR before deployment.

Im not sure why the police would be concerned about the customers we attract - if anything they are the most desirable gun owners of all.
    veitnamcam likes this.

That and that exactly!

Just look at what Jan Molenarr was collecting - there was a certain style of weapon for sure. I would be very surprised not to see a total slapdown of the current state of play when the amendment is made. The more people take the piss the more evidence the feds have that people are simply taking the piss

You can pretend all you like that collapsible stocks and other military parts are "for 3 gun shooting" etc but I dont see too many people taking body armour on and off during competitions? It would be sad to see all semi's go e'cat or get further restricted just so a few people can score cool points with their mates for having the closest to illegal (and beyond) firearm they possibly can?
    Savage1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Digit View Post
    The kind of people we are selling AR15's to would generally have higher than average income or are pure enthusiasts - as would be expected with a gun price starting at 2k. They generally take the sport seriously and spend a lot of time at the range - as indicated by the number of referals we get from those who frequent the range. We are also selling a fair few guns to current millitary, navy, airforce and police officers as there own personal toys. I remember one customer from one of the military bases, to which we delivered, stating that he wanted to get hands on experience with an AR before deployment.

Im not sure why the police would be concerned about the customers we attract - if anything they are the most desirable gun owners of all.
    I never said, or meant, that all people who buy ARs are that type of person. But the crazy few are attracted to those guns.

I never said, or meant, that all people who buy ARs are that type of person. But the crazy few are attracted to those guns.
    That's why you need a license to buy them
    Toby likes this.

e:fuck it

Yup these threads always result in useful discussion

For eg

(M4S) ACE M4 SOCOM Stock

Described by manufacturer as "Adjustable length of pull, adjusts from 7.5” to 9.5”"

if you got something like that and perminantly glued it to a set length and removed the adjusty button from it, It would no longer be an adjustable stock

depends if you are acually looking to have a stock of a set length or just fishing for a loop hole

I've already got a stock of the appropriate length, just got curious

Well you can be sure that there will be a nice clear definition coming in the amendment and a LOT of pistol grips and non compliant stocks will be going cheap on TM! Its perfectly clear what the "intention" of the MSSA law was and its looks perfectly clear that the amendment will restore the rules to bring owners back in line with that intention. (no i dont support this blah blah)

Buy shares in B&C thumbholes and or Benelli MR1's ?

MR1's are shit. So are B&C stocks. Which there aren't enough of to go around. The new rules would allow any make and model to be deemed an MSSA anyway so chances are any AR's or AK's etc with thumbhole stocks will just end up going that way. As in Canada, they would be restricted by name. Of course the cat is out of the bag and there are probably a shit load of AR's which will simply "dissappear", maybe in a tragic boating accident. At least we've had a couple years of fun. May as well pick away at it while we can.

Id say alot would just be converted to E-cat.
    Its what Id do.
    on the bright side a whole heap of cheep ar15s that people can nolonger own may be on the horizon
    and a whole heap more would be sold into the underworld which would be alot less than Ideal. but as they are not tracked they dont exist once the original owners sell them on

Well if there is any sanity left we will be given the option to chuck them on E

I think you will find this is the case - the horse has well and truly bolted with Ar's. If the Police are to be responsible they will need to give owners the option else they risk a massive move of AR's off the radar. They know this.