Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: The age old suppressor depate .22 edition

Just to keep things on track, does anyone have actual experiance with rimfire suppressors and supers? Hi had a look at the dpt rimmy one today its its smaller then i thought, now im thinking center fire one. Will be better

Braveheart works as advertised. Takes a fair bit of noise off a supersonic round, and subs are very quiet.

You could always get an online solvent trap for your car off AliExpress...

https://a.aliexpress.com/_dYO5QTl
    Cordite and Hahn like this.

I'm running all sorts of suppressors on my rimfires. The first one I bought was a Hushpower 22WMR suppressor for my 22lr. That kept it very quiet, particularly with subs.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

I have a plastic Husssh on my .22lr, it sucks. Hence my question earlier in the thread. Have had it on several rifles and tried about 5 different brands of subsonic hunting ammo, always disappointingly loud. I've been trying to work out if my expectations are too high or that what everyone else's comments about "the drop of the firing pin is the loudest thing" is correct. The latter seems to be the most common comment so might be time to drop the cash and get a better suppressor.

Thinking a DPT 22 magnum would be ideal. An over barrel centrefire will not fit on my barrel now its only 12" long...
    gadgetman likes this.
    "The generalist hunter and angler is a well-fed mofo" - Steven Rinella

Best 22lr suppressor I've owned was a stainless gunworks muzzle forward that was over 15 years ago on a Remington 597.
    dannyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slothcity View Post
    Just to keep things on track, does anyone have actual experiance with rimfire suppressors and supers? Hi had a look at the dpt rimmy one today its its smaller then i thought, now im thinking center fire one. Will be better
    As has been said, no suppressor will do anything about the sonic crack shooting supers.
    Any rimfire suppressor will be fit for purpose shooting subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dama dama View Post
    I have a plastic Husssh on my .22lr, it sucks. Hence my question earlier in the thread. Have had it on several rifles and tried about 5 different brands of subsonic hunting ammo, always disappointingly loud. I've been trying to work out if my expectations are too high or that what everyone else's comments about "the drop of the firing pin is the loudest thing" is correct. The latter seems to be the most common comment so might be time to drop the cash and get a better suppressor.

Thinking a DPT 22 magnum would be ideal. An over barrel centrefire will not fit on my barrel now its only 12" long...
    Im running one of these at th mo and its perfect for subs, cant even hear them at all.
    No good for supers though
    https://broncos.co.nz/hunting/gun-pa...uppressor-22lr

I shoot my 22s and 17hmr suppressed 100% of the time.

17hmr unsuppressed has quite a nasty crack to it, much lounder than it looks like it should be, the suppressor makes a huge difference. The supersonic bullet does make a noise but it's nothing like a centrefire and the muzzle crack is virtually gone.

Shooting high velocity 22lr through the suppressor is definitely quieter but I always shoot subsonics.
    Doesn't annoy neighbours, don't need hearing protection and for plinking CCI standard velocity is basically same price as crappy bulk ammo and far more accurate.

I used a DPT for a long time but changed to an ASE eco grimoire can recently. The DPT works great on both 17hmr and 22lr but ASE is easier to disassemble and clean, the amount of ammo I shoot through the suppressor having it easier to clean is a big advantage.
    I now use just use the DPT on my 17hmr.
    Slothcity likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bol Tackshin View Post
    Braveheart works as advertised. Takes a fair bit of noise off a supersonic round, and subs are very quiet.

You could always get an online solvent trap for your car off AliExpress...

https://a.aliexpress.com/_dYO5QTl
    That review about the sound not going faster than the car...
    Bol Tackshin likes this.

@mmims2 you're correct on both points
    "The generalist hunter and angler is a well-fed mofo" - Steven Rinella

@Dama dama that supressor i taged you in brings subs and standards down to nothing, you can get them as cheap as $30 sometimes. literly can only hear the 10/22 action over any bullet noise