Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: All joking aside,

say-co or sar-co?

Socko

ooohhhhhh

k

I like mine.

Huk
    Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    It's a shame that the Remington 700 isn't very good. They're quite a handsome rifle, good slim lines. Real pity that they're dreadful.
    Like my rem model 7 never had any issues with it in over 20 years shot lots n lots of all kind of game

nothing wrong with my remmy700 i like it and i don't care what people think
    deer243 and kidmac42 like this.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

I like my 700, it's just like me - reliable, accurate but at the same time, rough, slightly ugly and a touch on the heavy side...
    gadgetman, Pengy, Scouser and 2 others like this.

I'm from the "don't tell me, show me" school of thought. To date I've been out shot by a few guys with standard sako rifles out to about 400 to maybe 500m. The reason for this is simple, I'm not the best shooter around and it's the man behind the rifle beating me every time... Aka Baghera

Beyond 500m I can't think of anyone using a bog standard sako ever out shooting me. The reason for this is equally simple, my custom rem700 shoots better than a standard sako does, so I now have the advantage even though many others are much better shots than I am. Their equipment is now limiting them.

Now a custom sako is another story... Enter Gillie who will hand you a beating every time with his custom made sako, this is because it's now a level playing field again (both rifles are just as capable as each other) and it's the person who's simply better at shooting that wins.

Kj
    deer243 and Beaker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    and the gunsmith fucked it up, so you have to pay an extra $1000 for another barrel. and it's never a sako.
    You really did have some bad experiences

I agree with Gimp. My Rem 700 6 x 47 is absolute crap! Just look at this pathetic .3 group. I've had enough. Tried everything and not once has it got in the .1. Ive chucked it to the back of the cabinet and it can stay there for all I care.

Name:  6 x47 Target (453x640).jpg
Views: 477
Size:  140.3 KB

MSL
    I'd be gutted also, it's not even in the centre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam, Toby, BRADS and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimjon View Post
    I'm from the "don't tell me, show me" school of thought. To date I've been out shot by a few guys with standard sako rifles out to about 400 to maybe 500m. The reason for this is simple, I'm not the best shooter around and it's the man behind the rifle beating me every time... Aka Baghera

Beyond 500m I can't think of anyone using a bog standard sako ever out shooting me. The reason for this is equally simple, my custom rem700 shoots better than a standard sako does, so I now have the advantage even though many others are much better shots than I am. Their equipment is now limiting them.

Now a custom sako is another story... Enter Gillie who will hand you a beating every time with his custom made sako, this is because it's now a level playing field again (both rifles are just as capable as each other) and it's the person who's simply better at shooting that wins.

Kj
    This is hardly a fair comparison Kim! There are so many variables at play that to limit your comparison to rifle brand is simply unrealistic. In my experience it is almost always the shooter that makes the difference and not the rifle. There are a couple of games that the rifle has a big influence on e.g. benchrest and F-class, but they still need a good shooter to drive them well.

To me it is simple - if you want a dirty, crappy Remington with their quality control so good that you're just as likely to be able to fire a 270 in your so called 308 - get one then. If you want a blaser with its plastic washer, stupid slam shut action and drop out mag that also drops out the trigger - then get one. If you want a savage with its god ugly bolt - then get one. If you want a plastic fantastic tikka or a kimber with their horrible stock design - then go ahead and get one. But if you want a elegant, beautifully made, practical, reliable, accurate rifle out of the box with a great, user adjustable trigger and a flush fitting, drop out, double stack mag that you can also feed through the action in a rifle that will hold it value - then get a sako cause you can garun-fu#kin-tee it will do all this, make you look cool, cook you dinner, walk your dog and still find the time to magically hit the target every time you wave it generally in the right direction. Just don't take them in the hills - you might scratch it and forever after every time you look at it, you will feel it judging you!

Bottom line, as long as you are comfortable with your rifle, you shoot it well, and it does what you want it to then who cares what it is and what others think about it!

BTW, this post might be slightly bias because just as Kim is a Remington fan, I might be a slight sako fan
    Shootm, Bryan, kimjon and 2 others like this.
    You cannot miss fast enough!
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GPREventsNZ
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/sgil045

Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    Just don't take them in the hills - you might scratch it and forever after every time you look at it, you will feel it judging you!
    aw

That's probably the only fault of the finnlight, the stocks aren't super durable.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Don't worry gimp, you get used to it. I have about 5 of them - all with various scratches and dings. They all judge me but i didn't buy them to look at - they all get a fair amount of use!
    You cannot miss fast enough!
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GPREventsNZ
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/sgil045