Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: All joking aside,

Yeah that rubber ST coating is garbage but I also don't really care if it rubs off because it doesn't actually do anything much

I was thinking about the resale thing the other day. Talking round rrp figures and then what I see on trademe and also talking rifles sold in good condition.
    Sako 85 new $3000, will be had for $2000 on trademe = 33% loss
    Tikka t3 new $1200, will be had for $900 on trademe = 25% loss

You can actually get a 2nd hand sako for cheaper than that usually as well...
    Wildman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    I was thinking about the resale thing the other day. Talking round rrp figures and then what I see on trademe and also talking rifles sold in good condition.
    Sako 85 new $3000, will be had for $2000 on trademe = 33% loss
    Tikka t3 new $1200, will be had for $900 on trademe = 25% loss

You can actually get a 2nd hand sako for cheaper than that usually as well...
    And when you buy second hand and sell second hand it makes no difference.
    veitnamcam, Barefoot and stingray like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    This is hardly a fair comparison Kim! There are so many variables at play that to limit your comparison to rifle brand is simply unrealistic. In my experience it is almost always the shooter that makes the difference and not the rifle. There are a couple of games that the rifle has a big influence on e.g. benchrest and F-class, but they still need a good shooter to drive them well.

To me it is simple - if you want a dirty, crappy Remington with their quality control so good that you're just as likely to be able to fire a 270 in your so called 308 - get one then. If you want a blaser with its plastic washer, stupid slam shut action and drop out mag that also drops out the trigger - then get one. If you want a savage with its god ugly bolt - then get one. If you want a plastic fantastic tikka or a kimber with their horrible stock design - then go ahead and get one. But if you want a elegant, beautifully made, practical, reliable, accurate rifle out of the box with a great, user adjustable trigger and a flush fitting, drop out, double stack mag that you can also feed through the action in a rifle that will hold it value - then get a sako cause you can garun-fu#kin-tee it will do all this, make you look cool, cook you dinner, walk your dog and still find the time to magically hit the target every time you wave it generally in the right direction. Just don't take them in the hills - you might scratch it and forever after every time you look at it, you will feel it judging you!

Bottom line, as long as you are comfortable with your rifle, you shoot it well, and it does what you want it to then who cares what it is and what others think about it!

BTW, this post might be slightly bias because just as Kim is a Remington fan, I might be a slight sako fan
    I reckon it's a fair comparison if comparing cost of the two rifles. You can have a standard sako or a better shooting modified Remington for the same cost. A standard Remington is a pretty hit and miss affair in regards to accuracy, but throw on a shillen barrel and true the action, pick a stock of your choice and your still under $3k.

I totally agree it's always the shooter that is the biggest variable, no arguments there.

And yes I'm totally bias on this, but it not that I don't own any sako's as I do... I just never use them as they rust like fuck and weigh 2lb more than my Remington does, so my bias is based on experience.

Kj

One of the skeletons in my closet ��

Sako in .308.... Yes I'm not proud, but we all have dirty secretes��

Quote Originally Posted by kimjon View Post
    One of the skeletons in my closet ��

Sako in .308.... Yes I'm not proud, but we all have dirty secretes��
    You can get s/s ones that dont "rust like fuck"
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

One of the skeletons in my closet 😀

Sako in .308.... Yes I'm not proud, but we all have dirty secretes😉
    You don't see wood like that on a remington but.
    puku and veitnamcam like this.
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

I have been wanting a sako since I was 16
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    OPCz

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    aw

It's Fucked, you'd better get a new one.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I reckon it's a fair comparison if comparing cost of the two rifles. You can have a standard sako or a better shooting modified Remington for the same cost. A standard Remington is a pretty hit and miss affair in regards to accuracy, but throw on a shillen barrel and true the action, pick a stock of your choice and your still under $3k.

I totally agree it's always the shooter that is the biggest variable, no arguments there.

And yes I'm totally bias on this, but it not that I don't own any sako's as I do... I just never use them as they rust like fuck and weigh 2lb more than my Remington does, so my bias is based on experience.

Kj
    so after the custom work ditching the remington parts you only have 1/3 of a remington, thats why it shoots better!!!!

LOL
    veitnamcam, gadgetman and BRADS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaser View Post
    so after the custom work ditching the remington parts you only have 1/3 of a remington, thats why it shoots better!!!!

LOL
    Yes, that's what's so great about them as just like an ar15 they are big boys Lego. Now if I were to get a sako to fit and shoot as well with the same treatment you be out of pocket by >$5K plus.

Kj

Quote Originally Posted by madjon_ View Post
    You don't see wood like that on a remington but.
    You won't find walnut like that on a standard sako either, my brother made that stock for me, as the sako stocks are really short. In LOP. I must say I did a nice job of it too! At least it fits me now unlike before��
    puku likes this.

You won't find walnut like that on a standard sako either, my brother made that stock for me, as the sako stocks are really short. In LOP. I must say I did a nice job of it too! At least it fits me now unlike before��
    Really? most people find them long. I dont know the measurements but whenever I pick up a rem or kimber especially they feel really short,almost kids rifle short.
    BRADS likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Sako stocks are the same length as everything else, 13.5 inch ish LOP

Blaser is long as hell, like 14.5"

I here your problem kimjon sakos are very inaccurate in fact on Saturday one of mine only put 3 shots into one hole at 490yards I mean seriously that's just shit a!
    Blaser likes this.