Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree311Likes

Thread: All things BSA

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Right so where is that step back photo
    It will probably be in the 'never to be published' box!
    Sideshow likes this.

Holt's Auctioneers
    Just saw this wow.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Good to see there are a few followers of this thread. Possibly mainly older guys like myself who have used these things a few moons ago. Have owned a couple of rough ones but moved them on pretty quick. Currently own.270 Majestic Featherweight, .243 Viscount and .222 Hunter. The Hunter is in original condition (apart from bedding job). The .243 was re barreled ( stainless) before I got it. The Majestic has been my main rifle for the last 50 years. Has been re barreled with chrome moly due to being worn out during meat hunting period. I put a bronze sleeve inside the original muzzle brake when it was on because it was dynamite on the ears and nobody used muffs in those days. Was a bit harder to shoot after that due to no brake and light rifle. My son had a 7x57 Viscount for a number of years. Good caliber, did the job well but was very heavy. Due to hearing being bad the .270 and .243 wear suppressors nowadays as does my 16" .308 Tikka. The .222 will remain as original for as long as I own it. Here is a photo of the flash hider - brake cover that came with the Majestic. I bought this rifle second hand with very little use and this was with it. It fitted neatly over the brake but I never used it as it made the rifle muzzle heavy. I've never seen any reference to this being a BSA part so would be interested if anyone else knows.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    veitnamcam and Moa Hunter like this.

That was a BSA factory accessory known as a 'Range Adapter'. You attached it over the muzzle brake when you were on a shooting range to avoid discomfort to other shooters from the side blast. I haven't seen one for many years!
    ZG47, Sideshow, BSA270 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gundoc View Post
    That was a BSA factory accessory known as a 'Range Adapter'. You attached it over the muzzle brake when you were on a shooting range to avoid discomfort to other shooters from the side blast. I haven't seen one for many years!
    thanks for clearing that up . . . i was given one years ago and always wondered what it was

R
    without a picture . .. it never happened !

Naracoorte South Australia/From South Canterbury
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi.45 View Post
    thanks for clearing that up . . . i was given one years ago and always wondered what it was

R

They would be as rare as rocking horse shit

Where are you all hosting photos now that photobucket is queer?

Thanks for that gundoc. Maybe I'll use it for my retirement fund. Yea right.

Stained and back together ,I didn't spent to long on it as it's a working rifle and I don't mind a gun that show's it dents and bruises's ...history.
    Not a great photo, late afternoon sun and camera phone makes it look to orange, cool old girl to use and getting some great kill's on rabbits with it.Name:  stained BSA.JPG
Views: 873
Size:  4.95 MB
    jakewire, john m, ZG47 and 9 others like this.

How are you finding a the trigger now?

Good, breaks cleanly. Tuned to be safe and the more I use it and learn it the better it gets.
    Sideshow likes this.

Go on you know you want one in 30 07 @viper

Quote Originally Posted by BSA270 View Post
    Good to see there are a few followers of this thread. Possibly mainly older guys like myself who have used these things a few moons ago. Have owned a couple of rough ones but moved them on pretty quick. Currently own.270 Majestic Featherweight, .243 Viscount and .222 Hunter. The Hunter is in original condition (apart from bedding job). The .243 was re barreled ( stainless) before I got it. The Majestic has been my main rifle for the last 50 years. Has been re barreled with chrome moly due to being worn out during meat hunting period. I put a bronze sleeve inside the original muzzle brake when it was on because it was dynamite on the ears and nobody used muffs in those days. Was a bit harder to shoot after that due to no brake and light rifle. My son had a 7x57 Viscount for a number of years. Good caliber, did the job well but was very heavy. Due to hearing being bad the .270 and .243 wear suppressors nowadays as does my 16" .308 Tikka. The .222 will remain as original for as long as I own it. Here is a photo of the flash hider - brake cover that came with the Majestic. I bought this rifle second hand with very little use and this was with it. It fitted neatly over the brake but I never used it as it made the rifle muzzle heavy. I've never seen any reference to this being a BSA part so would be interested if anyone else knows.
    Have one out in the shed, came on a Mini 14 years ago, didn't realise it was from BSA.

Name:  08B673AA-0865-4CDC-AB9F-BA1DFE1C858C.jpeg
Views: 681
Size:  1.90 MB
    Thought this might be of help here.

Grew up shooting a BSA Sportsman 10 in Australia with my dad. Got a semi auto .22 when I moved here but quickly got tired of the novelty of it. Got myeslf a BSA Sportsman 15 a few months ago and I absolutely adore it. 70 years old and still runs like a dream.

Note: I took the ugly white extender off.
    Cordite likes this.

northdude
    Those are a good rifle yet to see ine that doesnt shoot