Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gonetropo
  • 1 Post By rossi.45

Thread: Anschutz semi auto owners… any opinions?

Anschutz semi auto owners… any opinions?

Looking at a cheap model 520, just wondering if there’s any peculiarities with these things I should look closely at. I don’t really need it, but might move on the 10/22 for something different…
    Anschutz owners what’s your opinions on these guns?
    Last edited by -BW-; 21-06-2023 at 11:44 PM.

I had one but sold it to a mate. There a nice little rifle. I was told that the cast action housing is prone to cracking but having a good rail attached adds a a lot of strength and helps prevent that.

There were a couple at lgs last time I was there

barrel is fitted with a single pinn and can move. ok with open sights but scoped it was a failure
    how about a miroku blr-22 lever ?
    csmiffy likes this.

I had one for years, the rear of the receiver cracked and had to be replaced, I had at the time been using a lot of CCI Stinger ammo through it and wondered if that may have caused the issue, I had no problems with the replacement. Good solid rifle, accurate, no feeding issues, good quality.

First up, it's not a real Anschutz, it's a badge engineered item made by an Italian company or maybe an exact copy of the Italian model that Anschutz had rights to manaufacture.
    And yes the first models (520) were prone to cracking thru the back of the receiver. Muck metal? The 525 was improved in the receiver.
    Otherwise they seem to have a reputation for reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    First up, it's not a real Anschutz, it's a badge engineered item made by an Italian company or maybe an exact copy of the Italian model that Anschutz had rights to manaufacture.
    And yes the first models (520) were prone to cracking thru the back of the receiver. Muck metal? The 525 was improved in the receiver.
    Otherwise they seem to have a reputation for reliability.
    Very interesting! At first seeing this rifle it struck me that the quality was not on the normal par for Anschutz, compared to their bolt actions at least. And I guess it confirms why they are not highly priced on the 2nd hand market.
    I will at least check this rifle closely around the receiver for cracks. If I don't buy it I have to sell it on behalf for the owner, so better make sure it all good anyway.
    Thanks for the info lads, much appreciated!

had afew 520's great little guns, yes they crack but mostly from super velocity .22 ammo with more pressure like velocitor - mine have been fine for 20 years with subsonic and
    standard supersonic not the wiz bang super fast ammo. Worked in retail at a gun shop and a regular came in with his 520 is pieces, showed me the ammo used and he wasn't sure
    what it was, silver casing turned out to be velocitor or stinger(some cci super fast stuff) so i would happily use mine with any standard supers or subs

I have the same queries re this gun but am a lefty. So,does this model spit out residue into the face of the firer? Do all models have that deflector v=behind the breech which I presume is to deflect from the face as well as to deflect the shell out??

Had one but my old Sterling was more accurate so out it went . . better rifles out there
    viper likes this.
    without a picture . .. it never happened !