Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Any rhing wrong with this

Gimme access to a freq and I'll vocalize freedom 24/7
    40mm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    Yep Arms officer told me a month or two ago, I thought Yeah-Nah

Asked him again last week & he still had the same story, can have a free standing pistol grip too, no more E-Cat restrictions

If you were silly enough to put a big mag & or centrefire upper on it you would be in deep trouble
    Have heard the opposite from another arms officer, her words were something along the lines of "if the lower can still accept an AR15 mag then it's a prohibited part no matter what upper it has attached to it" all the dedicated 22lr ar style rifles I have seen on the shelf for sale right now actually have a slightly different mag well that will not accept an ar mag.
    And here lays one of the frustrating things before us right now, different arms officers and police in general have differing interpretations of the law and just generally dont have any kind of clarity around what the hell is going on any more than you or I
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Have heard the opposite from another arms officer, her words were something along the lines of "if the lower can still accept an AR15 mag then it's a prohibited part no matter what upper it has attached to it" all the dedicated 22lr ar style rifles I have seen on the shelf for sale right now actually have a slightly different mag well that will not accept an ar mag.
    And here lays one of the frustrating things before us right now, different arms officers and police in general have differing interpretations of the law and just generally dont have any kind of clarity around what the hell is going on any more than you or I
    Jordan who shoots at ASRA is modifying ARs with .22 uppers to account for that.
    He fills in the slot at the back of the magwell and then removes the corresponding ridge on the Blackdog type mags. Basically they become the S&W style mags and magwell.

So normal AR centrefire mags won't fit the lower.

He also permanently blocks the buffer tube with an alloy plug. No buffer and spring can be inserted and no centrefire BCG can now cycle using that lower.
    ishoot10s likes this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

And that is when it is time to ask the police man or woman to show us their qualifications in legal matters.
    Wirehunt likes this.
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    Jordan who shoots at ASRA is modifying ARs with .22 uppers to account for that.
    He fills in the slot at the back of the magwell and then removes the corresponding ridge on the Blackdog type mags. Basically they become the S&W style mags and magwell.

So normal AR centrefire mags won't fit the lower.

He also permanently blocks the buffer tube with an alloy plug. No buffer and spring can be inserted and no centrefire BCG can now cycle using that lower.
    That sounds all good, but I reckon it would be best to wait until the next volley is fired at us before doing anything.
    Whats he charging for the service?
    Wirehunt likes this.
    Use enough gun

northdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    My 223 & 6x45 bolt guns are threaded 1/2x28 and both wear ODL Titanium supressors that were intended to be used on AR15's. These to me are completely legal as they have been re-purposed. Same applies to some optics, if they are used on the currently "allowed" firearms then they are legal.

It has nothing to do with the farkn thread size ffs
    didnt say it did but it just so happens ars seem to be the only firearm that come standard with that thread that im aware of so i thought maybe a suppressor with that thread could possibly be considered an ar only part which would be prohibited just asking as the dumb fuks playing law makers wouldnt have a clue

Gee and not including firearms owners, arguably the biggest and most experienced, stakeholders in this whole schmozzle, along with a severely limited timeframe wouldn't have anything to do with it?
    Sarcasm font.
    Wirehunt likes this.