Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Anyone else disappointed with M4s?

MEB
    Why is accuracy all it's got going for it a bad thing when 90% of posts on here are about how accurate your rifle is?

the brits are using the LMT AR 10 version,its the same as what We've just got as our DMR rifles, Personally I think that we should cut the crap with the styers and buy M16's/m4's.....

well thats the thing also,their becoming popular universally like quite a few people are buying them being that you can pick em up for under 3k, I wanted to change calibres and thought an AR would be great for that and being able to nail more bunnies at range....So it was simple, and if you do buy one do the justification of putting a hogue on it(so much nicer than a ergo). Their so simple to clean,I mean hell you can change calibres with 2 push pins!

anyone wanna buy a 204 savage weather warrior?supressed,nikko 6-24x44 and 80 rounds of ammo.......

Theres a reason they've been around for almost half a century, because they work! thats the universal reason for something being in service for a length of time usually

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    They are becoming increasingly popular... the "AR10" style of rifles... US M110, Australian SR25, Brits use a 7.62 AR10 style rifle as well (LWRC?? I can't remember)
    Yep they are. But I dont know who in the Nato scheme uses them as the primary system for other than urban scenarios. 'Marksmen' is a role that gets confused with snipers, is a totally different asset.
    They will employ them as a secondary in a sniper team tho. NZ has just adopted a new marksmen system in the AR platform I think.

R93
    In a military sense MEB. If you want to carry one around good on you. I used to have one and it should have anchored my boat.
    We tried useing out of the machine but I couldnt stop flying around in right hand circles
    They are bloody straight shooters tho.
    Last edited by R93; 24-04-2012 at 01:16 PM.
    MEB likes this.

MEB
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    In a military sense MEB. If you want to carry one around good on you. I used to have one and it should have anchored my boat.
    Gotcha

I think its like most things all down to practice, IA etc can be done whilst in the shoulder, as for initial load and action if its really awkward try it with the butt more on the upper bicep, not ideal but still an option.

I'd do almost anything for an FN FNC carbine.
    savageshooter likes this.

I have always liked the AR-15 in the original 20 inche configuration , maybe thats just ME , I look on the AR-15 as a modern day STEN gun , cheap & does the job , but hardy Top trier , Opps , If you want a top design 5.56 rifle look to Europe , even the Yanks in the end went to H&K to design a GOOD AR15 , some of the ARs I have seen have been poorly made .

All you have to do , is say pick up a SIG550 , to see the diff , its like nite and day , good rugged design & well made manufactured .
    The Steyr AUG is a very under rated rifle , why just because its not American of course , a far higher std of manufacture than most ARs I have seen , .

Later Chris
    R93 likes this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
    I have always liked the AR-15 in the original 20 inche configuration , maybe thats just ME , I look on the AR-15 as a modern day STEN gun , cheap & does the job , but hardy Top trier , Opps , If you want a top design 5.56 rifle look to Europe , even the Yanks in the end went to H&K to design a GOOD AR15 , some of the ARs I have seen have been poorly made .

All you have to do , is say pick up a SIG550 , to see the diff , its like nite and day , good rugged design & well made manufactured .
    The Steyr AUG is a very under rated rifle , why just because its not American of course , a far higher std of manufacture than most ARs I have seen , .

Later Chris
    Gota love those SIGS! The mags are unique in the application as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post

Later Chris
    Haahahaha your quite funny, read Patrick Sweeney's book: the AR-15 vol 3.... that will give you an honest write up of the HK 416....

H&K aren't all that amazing,I mean really sure the delayed roller locking action as used in the mg34/42 and g3 is a great design but their take on the AR and to make mention in a piston driven system so not a real AR is awkwardly designed, using one of the locking lugs to disassemble the piston system?I mean really? using a critical piece of the bolt to be used as a wrench? ffs thats a joke in itself!

To compare them to a sten gun is an insult mate, AR's can be precision weapons(like mine,yet to do load development) and they can be short bush bashers.... Thats the beauty of them.... When you buy an AR,your not buying one rifle but a weapons system capable of a varying multitude of tasks and as such can be adapted for those roles with 2 push pins!

its nice to hear you like em unlike a few others on here and I respect you fully for that....

The AR series has been here for almost half a century and I can easily see it outliving me, I reckon everyone should own one

I was utterly dissapointed in the magazines for the Swiss rifles

bas
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock river arms hunter View Post
    The AR series has been here for almost half a century and I can easily see it outliving me, I reckon everyone should own one
    Excellent post, except the MG.34 used a cammed rotating bolt, not roller locking that only came in with the MG.42. I especially agree with the last sentence. I'm certainly not disapointed with my AR-15.

(BTW OP, M4s are full-auto so C-cat here so you shouldn't be shooting your one anyway :p)

Quote Originally Posted by Rock river arms hunter View Post

True that.

My oldest AR was born around 1965 still goes fine & will more than likely out last me.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    I'd do almost anything for an FN FNC carbine.
    I remember seeing one at the Auckland Arms Fair many years ago, so there's one around anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    True that.

My oldest AR was born around 1965 still goes fine & will more than likely out last me.
    I'm jelly of that piece

Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!