Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Kimber 7mm-08
  • 1 Post By 6x47
  • 1 Post By grandpamac

Thread: Anyone have an old Model 69 Win .22LR repeater?

Anyone have an old Model 69 Win .22LR repeater?

I'm half way through making a repl't stock for the non-std stock on a Model 69. It's apparently ~ 1910 vintage and is owned by my older gunsmith clubmate, a former Ballinger Belt winner. He was given it by his father and it has shot --thousands-- of rabbits. It has a cute little aperture rear sight which will explain why it was so deadly. The current stock he made as a 15yr old and besides being somewhat "functional", it's now split through the action area. He wants to give it to his grandson and has asked me to make a stock. That's all in hand but the rifle is missing the original mag release which is very unusual design, ie some sort of plunger that's located on the side of the stock.

I know this is Lotto odds but trying to locate one to copy the release design. Even a photo would be helpful.

cheers guys.

Interesting design. Name:  Screenshot_20210815-215827.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  211.8 KB
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 6x47 View Post
    I'm half way through making a repl't stock for the non-std stock on a Model 69. It's apparently ~ 1910 vintage and is owned by my older gunsmith clubmate, a former Ballinger Belt winner. He was given it by his father and it has shot --thousands-- of rabbits. It has a cute little aperture rear sight which will explain why it was so deadly. The current stock he made as a 15yr old and besides being somewhat "functional", it's now split through the action area. He wants to give it to his grandson and has asked me to make a stock. That's all in hand but the rifle is missing the original mag release which is very unusual design, ie some sort of plunger that's located on the side of the stock.

I know this is Lotto odds but trying to locate one to copy the release design. Even a photo would be helpful.

cheers guys.
    Greeting 6x47.
    The model 69 was made from 1933 to 1937 roughly. It was then modified into the 69A. Mine was made in 1935 as near as I can determine. It has no serial number. Together with the plunger there was a spring steel retainer on the side of the mag housing which you may still have. Let me know if you need a pic.
    Regards Grandpamac.

Well bugger me, here's me thinking that's I'm after platinum-plated rocking horse shit and there are at least three about! That's for the rapid replies guys.

We knew it was some sort of spring-loaded plunger but the execution is always the tricky part. Thinking about it, it would be useful to actually look at one and maybe run a caliper over it. You're no more than 15mins drive from me and you've probably met the owner Grandpamac though he doesn't get to the range very often these days. Can I PM you and tee that up?
    Micky Duck likes this.

..just re-read your post Muzza- do you mean you might actually have the part?

I think the Model 52 had the same plunger based on Photo's I have seen. These were way more common than the 69. The 69A was made for some time and likely used the same system.
    GPM.

Quote Originally Posted by 6x47 View Post
    Well bugger me, here's me thinking that's I'm after platinum-plated rocking horse shit and there are at least three about! That's for the rapid replies guys.

We knew it was some sort of spring-loaded plunger but the execution is always the tricky part. Thinking about it, it would be useful to actually look at one and maybe run a caliper over it. You're no more than 15mins drive from me and you've probably met the owner Grandpamac though he doesn't get to the range very often these days. Can I PM you and tee that up?
    Greetings 6x47,
    Sorry had not read this post completely. Yes please PM me and suggest a time. I am busy Thursday but other than that am usually home.
    Regards Grandpamac.
    Micky Duck likes this.