Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Anything to say about Minox scopes?

57JL
    i got the trophy Xtreme 2.5-10x44mm with rain guard (water beads off the scope lenses when raining ect never ever had to wipe lenses in the rain) for $289 half price
    AND have had Bushnell elite scopes on all my bush guns after getting sick of having to wipe the lenses on my Leupold scope all the bloody time basically the deer would f off before you got to shoot it

northdude
    Has anyone tryed rain x on their lenses

Suburbs of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
    Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    Lens coatings being so important for proper light transfer, I'd be against putting anything on any scope or camera lens other than whatever the manufacturer allows for cleaning.
    BRADS likes this.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."
    - (Patrick Henry, 3 J. Elliot, Debates in the Several State Conventions 45, 2d ed. Philadelphia, 1836)

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    There was a post here a while back about a guy that put it on a brand new Nightforce and it melted all the coatings off and scope had to be sent back to factory for refurb, now I would expect a $4000+ scope that is supposedly fit for battle in Afghanistan etc to stand up to a little Rain X but there ya go.
    SlimySquirrel and northdude like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Z5 series is excellent glass the cheaper ones looks just that

for low cost bush hunting it would be hard to go past a 2nd hand Bushnell Elite or Burris FF2. If you're patient you'd pick one up for ~$200 - 250 in good nick. Both are well tested and proven in NZ conditions
    Philipo likes this.

I think that the Minox is too expensive. I have been looking for good binoculars and professional reviews helped me a lot. In the end, I have made my decision to buy Perrini (https://opticzoo.com/perrini-20x60-binoculars-review/) and still think that they are the best in the market.

I have a pair of minox binos I'm pretty happy with, good glass for the money.

For a bush scope check out the vortex strike Eagles 1-6 or 1-8 both have illuminated reticles. I have both and really like them, the only downside is they are a bit heavy and the BDC is set up for .223. Broncos has some pretty good deals on them.

Had a 3-9 Minox a few years back. May have been just my one, but I found the eye relief a bit close and the eye box a bit narrow at higher magnification. Annoyed me to the point I gave the scope away.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

It's a pretty demanding range of light and contrast for any scope to cover and no to be underestimated. I've not tried the Minox but went through a few scopes to do the same work until I settled on a second hand Zeiss 2.5-6x42 which out performed the rest and sits in your budget range if bought used. On the whole the European manufacturers seem to deal with contrast when it's getting dodgy better than the Japanese sourced glass options - not always but more often than not. The only problem is cost hence the second hand option. Happy hunting.

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Ive had a couple of pairs of Minox bino's & they were good for the money, but I'm not sold on their scopes to me there are far better options

He's a photo of a 5-25 Minox I brought second hand, for a 1500rrp scope the glass was shit & it was an enormous monster of a thing. The scope on the left is a VX3 for comparison.

Name:  Minox Monster 2.JPG
Views: 522
Size:  38.6 KB
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!