Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: AR 15 - A cat

Quote Originally Posted by NSA View Post
    Whaadu mean he "tried" and how were police involved ? P-Mags for a SPBA do not require an import permit.

Well customs seized his mags as MSSA parts, he went to the AO to get them released, let slip that it was for a straight pull AR and it turned to shit from there.

I thought this might be a good thread to ask this question.

Where do I find current NZ regs on AR15 ownership - assuming I am a NZ citizen with a NZ FAL ?

Are there additional regs over and above a bolt action rifle ?

I have been looking at getting a Mossberg MMR Hunter that comes standard with a 5 round magazine.

Mossberg & Sons | 29100

I know that it does not have the dust cover and forward assist but for $650 (street pricing - see Guns for Sale - Online Gun Auction - Buy Guns at GunBroker.com) I can live with that.

Mossberg MMR Hunter Review - Guns & Ammo

Also sounds like the trigger has some limitations.

Is anyone familiar with these Rock River Arms triggers ?

ROCK RIVER ARMS - AR-15 NATIONAL MATCH 2-STAGE TRIGGER

AR-15 NATIONAL MATCH 2-STAGE TRIGGER | Brownells

Thanks.

any one ever thort that it mite not matter what you do or don't do and the restriction may get put onto the name of the weapon.
    Eg Remington R15.
    End of story Ecat.
    Last week i asked an arms officer if i could put a A cat ar over onto my E license..Nope sorry..swap out still apply's
    Going to be very interesting

Quote Originally Posted by 6MMBR View Post
    any one ever thort that it mite not matter what you do or don't do and the restriction may get put onto the name of the weapon.
    Eg Remington R15.
    End of story Ecat.
    Last week i asked an arms officer if i could put a A cat ar over onto my E license..Nope sorry..swap out still apply's
    Going to be very interesting
    I would guess
    Registration-(E Cat)
    Regulation-(Sorry No More AR's They are way too bad ass)
    Confiscation(Thanks for registering, Makes removing these WMD's much easier now that we know where they are)
    Thanks for coming

So in what your saying your more then likely to be correct,,
    Option a (issue e cat)
    Option b (they have no idea u have it so save it for a rainy day,,)
    Option c ( as above )
    Going to be alot of ar15s in Marley tubes buried around the country,

The likely hood and amount of AR15's ending up in bits of Marley will depend on how reasonable or unreasonable the new regulations are. Balls in their court.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    The likely hood and amount of AR15's ending up in bits of Marley will depend on how reasonable or unreasonable the new regulations are. Balls in their court.
    Putting firearms into pipes and burying them is childish and irresponsible if it just because you don't want to get an E endorsement or a thumbhole stock. What's the point in burying it? You might as well sell it because you can't use it while it's buried.

People need to wait and see what is going to happen rather than speculate and wind each other up with unfounded theories. Not aimed you Beavis.
    Kscott, Littledog and Toby like this.

Was talking to the AO and vetting officer a couple days ago. They pretty much just acknowledge that more than a few will end up "under ground" so to speak. I can't really see much point in burying them in the garden either.

I'll be more annoyed if there's Police controlled random checks at ranges due to the said behaviour of numpties, which slows down my shooting opportunities.

One would hope that if some body was intent on owning a not so legal firearm they would at least have the mental capacity not to take it to a recognized range.
    ARdave likes this.

One would hope that police would realise that banning pistol grips will achieve precisely not a single positive thing but that's not fuckin likely either. I see heaps of blatant E violations at the public range. Mostly dudes with 10/22s and 25 round mags. I think a lot of people don't understand the law, and/or realise it's unenforceable.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    One would hope that if some body was intent on owning a not so legal firearm they would at least have the mental capacity not to take it to a recognized range.
    You'd be suprised at the intelligence level of people there's a lot of people out there (not firearms related) who think they're smarter than the Police.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    Putting firearms into pipes and burying them is childish and irresponsible if it just because you don't want to get an E endorsement or a thumbhole stock. What's the point in burying it? You might as well sell it because you can't use it while it's buried.
    Yep whats the use in burying your AR as you still cant use it when its deep in the mud!, it may be a hassle, expensive and unnecessary to convert a free standing pistol grip to a thumbhole but at least you can still use it and enjoy shooting your AR.

If this law would make the world a safer place all good I would be happy with it but its just a cosmetic dress up to keep some one happy. But the law is the law so we need to abide by it.

It does seem as the Police are intending to go back to the pre butt hole rubbish-so why all the last few years of rubbish! What a complete waste of time, money and effort.
    mikee and Scouser like this.
    Lead delivery technician, Bulk orders welcome!!

My wife is a cop and I am definitely more intelligent
    Spanners, veitnamcam and Scouser like this.