Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: AR-15 Suppressor - Adjustable Gas Block Required?

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    I'll be using mine for service rifle class which unfortunately means I can't use an adjustable gas block. The results you guys are describing sound quite beneficial!
    Interesting. I have never shot service match as civilians do it but I take it you can use an L1A1, FN or AUG in service match?
    They're all adjustable. Does the rule only apply to AR platforms?
    Or is it depending on class?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

R93
    To those who are going to fit an adjustable block do not skimp on a cheap one.

Get one, that once set, can be secured by a grub screw or other means.

And periodically check the function of the set screws etc as they will carbon up and you will never get them undone in order to adjust them again.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Interesting. I have never shot service match as civilians do it but I take it you can use an L1A1, FN or AUG in service match?
    They're all adjustable. Does the rule only apply to AR platforms?
    Or is it depending on class?

@R93 to be elligable to shoot in "service class", the rifle has to be "as issued". You are welcome to shoot open class with anything though.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    @R93 to be elligable to shoot in "service class", the rifle has to be "as issued". You are welcome to shoot open class with anything though.
    Cool. Makes sense. Just minus the select fire option tho eh

I’ve modified a few std ones by drilling and tapping. Fit a grub screw . Once set use a pin punch to stop the pin moving. I have dean maiseys adjustable one on one of mine and have fitted a few. They work really well. Are detented so no grub screw required which is what others are doing now in the us. I saw quite a few rifles at the last 3 gun match running too fast and had feeding issues on some fast 80 round stages. Using a heavier buffer on carbine buffer tubes definitely makes a huge difference as others have pointed out. I currently have the JP silent capture in mine and are pretty much the ducks nuts for quietness and fully tuneable for weight and spring pressure.
    R93 and 308 like this.

Sorry to drag this old thread up, but I need some help, I’m going to get a adjustable gas block for my RRA lar-15 is has a heavy varmit barrel on it, I can find anywhere what size block I need, if anyone knows please let me know. Also,what size would go on a 16” ranger? Any help is much appreciated.

@Fat ninja if your AR has a really heavy profile, you may need a .875 or .936 gas block. I assume your Ranger would have a .750 journal

@Beavis I finally heard back from the factory last night, they said it will be .936, I’m thinking the ranger will be .750, cheers for your help