Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

Like Tree1019Likes

Thread: AR Photo Only Thread

Cheaper to shoot

res
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Cheaper to shoot
    Barely, my cast 300 rounds cost hardly any more than my cast 9mm rounds.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    I sometimes wonder what the practical point of a 9mm ar is when you have a 300blk, I also own both and font the only advantage the 9mm is is not having to make cases and slightly less fussy reloading
    there probably isn't one, I only built it.. because I can & why not, and most importantly I wanted one.
    Beaker likes this.

res
    Can't fault that logic at all! I love mine but struggle to justify why
    Using Tapatalk

If i looked at all my guns and tried to justify each one, beyond "I wanted it" I probably only have reason for two
    Knoxy_09 likes this.

Barely, my cast 300 rounds cost hardly any more than my cast 9mm rounds.
    That may be so, but if you shoot factory not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by SJD View Post
    Hi.New to this site. Here's a couple of my ARs. Top one is Bushmaster lower, aero upper, high standard 1/7 barrel with original phrobis m9 bayonet. Bottom one is Aero upper and lower, DPMS 1/9 barrel and trijicon TA31 with rmr.Attachment 56393
    I really like the look of the Rfile Length A2.I find the open sights excellent.Is the factory clamshell handgard that much of the impairment to accuracy?

Welcome to the forum!
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

northdude
    Name:  ar15.1.jpg
Views: 755
Size:  983.0 KB
    dogmatix and grunzter like this.

AR's got a Christmas clean...
    Name:  20161224_083143_resized.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  160.7 KB

Just for fun I measured some of the rifles in this thread by overlaying them in a CAD program against a dimensionally accurate AR15 model. Giving me the ability to measure maximum overall length with a moderate to high degree of accuracy. Some just squeak over 762mm and others should probably never have their butt-stocks collapsed. A picture on the internet may not be proof of illegal activity, but remember if you have an MSSA endorsement, the Police can pop in for a visit unannounced at any reasonable time with their measuring tapes

res
    Quote Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
    Just for fun I measured some of the rifles in this thread by overlaying them in a CAD program against a dimensionally accurate AR15 model. Giving me the ability to measure maximum overall length with a moderate to high degree of accuracy. Some just squeak over 762mm and others should probably never have their butt-stocks collapsed. A picture on the internet may not be proof of illegal activity, but remember if you have an MSSA endorsement, the Police can pop in for a visit unannounced at any reasonable time with their measuring tapes
    For some time police mesured E cats with stock extended, and the post dates of those pictures you talk of fit inside that timeframe.
    dogmatix and grunzter like this.
    Using Tapatalk

res
    As to e cat measured length, the polices opinion as to how one should be measured seems to be in flux and inconsistent with both how the law is written and with common sense , so much so that FOUNZ paid probably the most knowledgeable lawyer in NZ on arms law to write his legal opinion down so that it could be distributed, you can download a copy http://founz.co.nz/documents/CCF08122016_3.pdf and intill law is re written (not something the police do) or case law clarifies things (I think @gundoc was involved in such a case a number of years back) it's all a bit up in the air with each party's ideas seeming to hold as much legal weight as each other.

As of Friday I know of a shooter who was denied a import permit for a fixed stock for his rifle as police didn't deem his reason for import to be correct , his reason for import was that under the polices new opinion as to how to measure e cat firearms he could no longer have as folding stock on it-the rifle in question was only imported a few month back.
    This makes me personally feel that either the old way as per Joe Greens letter or the FOUNZ document way is a defendable to have a firearm if you already had it in such a configuration
    Using Tapatalk

As of Friday I know of a shooter who was denied a import permit for a fixed stock for his rifle as police didn't deem his reason for import to be correct.
    This makes me personally feel that either the old way as per Joe Greens letter or the FOUNZ document way is a defendable to have a firearm if you already had it in such a configuration
    So in other words for the shooter you know, police denied it because they possibly have realized how much of a headache things might be for all E endorsed that fall in to this??

res
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    So in other words for the shooter you know, police denied it because they possibly have realized how much of a headache things might be for all E endorsed that fall in to this??
    Possibly, it really would open up a big bag of worms for them.
    Eg as you don't need a fal for a pcp pistol but you do for a rifle and if they insist that a folding stock turns said rifle into a pistol then it undoes what police see as a very useful bit of law. And that just one of many cans of worms.
    The police would probably prefer the way they were doing it over Nick Taylor's legal opinion of the way it should be.

Long story short, while I personally wouldn't create a firearm that could be affected by all this right now, I'm not rushing to change the ones I have that could be until there is more certainty.
    Using Tapatalk

Name:  002.JPG
Views: 778
Size:  715.2 KB

CJA, fitted with bushmaster barrel, muzzle brake, harris bipod, atn x-sght II, also have the bushnell AR scope and a burris CQ scope that all clip on and off as needed. also a gunworks can.
    grunzter and res like this.