Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By gimp

Thread: Auckland Gunsmith, Who Ya Gona Call?!

  1. #1
    Ejected
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    HBC, NORTH of Auckland
    Posts
    5,250

    Auckland Gunsmith, Who Ya Gona Call?!

    After recommendations for a gunsmith in the Auckland region to thread my R15. Trying to avoid the extra $40 odd for shipping to and from.

  2. #2
    Caretaker
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    6,506
    Gary Mcoll at MAE.co.nz
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

  3. #3
    Load....Action....Instant ....Watch and Shoot! ishoot10s's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    NW of the true capital...
    Posts
    1,476
    I think Gary only takes jobs through retailers. You can try Alan Reid he's just down in Ellice Road, off Target Rd in Glenfield, which is actually where Gary was too, last I knew.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

  4. #4
    Ejected
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    HBC, NORTH of Auckland
    Posts
    5,250
    Awesome cheers for that. Gave Alan a call, $60 sounds resonable. Would have sent it to DPT but too tight and lazy for the whole postage crap.

  5. #5
    By Popular Demand gimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Big H
    Posts
    8,005
    Ghostbusters.

  6. #6
    Load....Action....Instant ....Watch and Shoot! ishoot10s's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    NW of the true capital...
    Posts
    1,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    Awesome cheers for that. Gave Alan a call, $60 sounds resonable. Would have sent it to DPT but too tight and lazy for the whole postage crap.
    No worries. I've had Alan do a few threadings and some fluting. He's very good and does some very interesting stuff in that workshop. Mind you, I am envious of any tool-maker/machinist with a nice mill and lathe... I have an idea for a new Reality TV show, to beat those poxy cooking and talent shows, called "Master Machinist" . On it, I have a dozen or so guys and gals and I give them each a lump of steel and some bar stock and I say "You have 3 hours to make a working submachine gun of your own design, your time starts.....NOW!!!"
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

  7. #7
    Ejected
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    HBC, NORTH of Auckland
    Posts
    5,250
    Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Ghostbusters.
    'bout time, can't believe it took so long.

  8. #8
    OPCz Rushy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Posts
    29,026
    Quote Originally Posted by ishoot10s View Post
    No worries. I've had Alan do a few threadings and some fluting. He's very good and does some very interesting stuff in that workshop. Mind you, I am envious of any tool-maker/machinist with a nice mill and lathe... I have an idea for a new Reality TV show, to beat those poxy cooking and talent shows, called "Master Machinist" . On it, I have a dozen or so guys and gals and I give them each a lump of steel and some bar stock and I say "You have 3 hours to make a working submachine gun of your own design, your time starts.....NOW!!!"
    I am with you on that. Don't watch the cooking shows or the talent show and dislike reality TV in any form but your idea has some merit. Contestants might need more than three hours to produce a sub machine gun though
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

  9. #9
    Member gadgetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    15,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    I am with you on that. Don't watch the cooking shows or the talent show and dislike reality TV in any form but your idea has some merit. Contestants might need more than three hours to produce a sub machine gun though
    +1

    Though they should not be called reality shows as they are so far removed from reality it is ridiculous.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

  10. #10
    Member sako75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Supercity
    Posts
    4,945
    Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Ghostbusters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    'bout time, can't believe it took so long.
    ???

  11. #11
    Member sako75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Supercity
    Posts
    4,945
    "who you gonna call" got it

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. WTB;parrie call
    By kotuku in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22-04-2013, 10:17 PM
  2. Now thats what I call a shooting complex
    By Ground Control in forum Off topic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 14-04-2013, 08:55 AM
  3. Just got a call from Telecom
    By wiredkiwis in forum Off topic
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-10-2012, 08:07 PM
  4. Need a good gunsmith
    By RCGSP in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 18-08-2012, 09:46 AM
  5. Decent gunsmith around Auckland?
    By RimfireNZ in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 30-06-2012, 06:07 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!