Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: BDC or build a DOPE?

Ejected
    I have the m223 with Bdc on my ar. Great wee scope, can shoot 1 moa out to 400 consistently and make regular hits further out. It's calibrated for max mag with 55gr polymer tip doing 3200fps from factory but you can use their online calculator to print out drop chart for your own load. Still requires checking though.

The nikoplex is still calibrated for the same round but you zero at 100 yards and it just has 100.200-600 yard markings on the elevation turret.

Cheers Nibblet!

Have you had any experience with the Nikoplex or just the BDC? Either way thanks for the feedback very close or going ahead with the order on product code 8488.

Ejected
    Only Bdc sorry, some good YouTube clips around with heaps of info and clips of them being used. I got mine from theriflescopestore. Optics planet wouldn't ship it here.

Ejected
    Also mines an 2-8x mag. So calibrated at 8x. I prefer the lower end mag for close stuff, blasting turkey's etc. 8x is still enough for 1moa targets out at 600 yards and 12x might defeat purpose of an ar with 4x bottom range?

Standard export/import permit required? Have an RMR on the way for anything close so that's covered the model I'm after has 3x minimum mag not 4x as I thought so that's adequate.

Ejected
    Didn't need permit. Theriflescopestore just sent it out straight away after I had tried optics planet and got declined due to 'export limitations'. I think the rifle scope store was cheaper as well anyway.

Banned
    So can you get a mills turret for your load for my loupy and keep my old cds turret without sending it to them?