Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Best light weight Stock and/or tactical chassis for hunting

I've got 2 tube guns I hunt with. They weigh 2½ lb more than my kimber but are much easier to shoot well.

Quote Originally Posted by The bomb View Post
    Been holding off getting a hi tech till I can hold one to see if they fit, use a A7 and they inlet a sako 85 stock for them I think,but since i use open sights sometimes I need a lower cheek weld than most stock have..look like a nice piece of kit though.
    Looks like they inlet for the A7 now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

No doubt there is an obsession with having a "lite" rifle but I would argue that it is of far more value to have a slightly heavier rifle if it fits you better and is comfy to shoot. This will aid in more proficiency for off-hand shooting and general improved marksmanship.

This is where a chassis style rifle will excel, as mentioned, minimalist is key.

Having a super dooper lite rifle that weights 2kg becomes problematic when managing recoil firing a full power cartridge and often their stocks are more traditional style (old school) which therein can impede on comfort when shooting in different positions.
    Flyblown and JD300 like this.