Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Best Semi -auto 22

R93
    Thanks heaps for that Gadgetman.

Marlin 795 22LR Semi Blued Synthetic WITH 4X32 Scope & Rings - Marlin, 22lr, Semi Auto, Synthetic, Special, ... - Serious Shooters

Not a bad deal. Add a Boyd's stock and do a trigger job and you will have a nice rifle. Tempted myself.

any opinions on magtechs? been looking at 22s for a while purely for some rabbit control, after something that cycles subs while suppressed and shoots minute of rabbit.

R93
    I got the 795 for my boy. Just ordered a boyd stock and it has been sent at including postage @ $120US. Got Tuiman to make a carbon sleeved supp a while ago and it cycles subs fine and considering the trigger, it is bloody accurate.
    Great value wee shooter for the money. The only draw back is the mag can get in the way in some situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Konev View Post
    any opinions on magtechs? been looking at 22s for a while purely for some rabbit control, after something that cycles subs while suppressed and shoots minute of rabbit.
    From reports I wouldn't touch one. With the price of the Marlin above at $300 why take the risk. Mine cycles even light weight subs well.

Quote Originally Posted by Konev View Post
    Utter crap in my experiance

Re: Best Semi -auto 22

I had one a while ago . Whilst being shit it was incedibly light very accurate and cycled everthing i ever chucked in it . It was rubbishy and plasticy thou and rusted at the thought of water

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

A mate had one and it shot like 5" groups at 50m no matter what we tried

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar

Best Semi -auto 22

I had a Magtech for 2 hrs. Took it back on way hm from the range.
    Piece of shit.

Anyone tried the Savage semis? Model 64 I think, saw one on TM a while back. I rate their bolt actions but never tried the semi - don't think it had the accutrigger though which is a let down.

i have a 10/22 with boyd barracuda stock feels great shoots like junk. have you considered a new cz semi ? they look smart, haven't read the review yet

http://www.kilwell.co.nz/Images/Prod...12_NZGandH.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Mudgripz did a test on a range of rifles and the Marlin semis (60/795's) beat a lot of the bolt actions. Think he was averaging 0.59" with my 795 and 0.49" with his 60 at 50m, often grouping well below. This from a gun that was basically off the shelf but a home lightened trigger at basically no cost. I don't see the point in buying a rifle then spending 2-3 times it's original cost to make it do what it should in the first place. I spent ages on Rimfirecentral reading reviews and the majority of those that had a Ruger and a Marlin in the cabinet would grab the Marlin for a hunt or target shoot, but grab the Ruger for fun/plinking/blinging.
    those marlins have long single stack mags right?
    i still fully believe that the 10 shot rotary mag was the best thing that ruger ever done, everything else is ok/poor/good, but those mags are great

those cz's are a tad expensive tho

My 10/22. That's the best .22 semi-auto.

The flush fitting Ruger mag is good, though I gather it has one slight flaw in that it tends to gunk up a fair bit in the semis. This tends to only require cleaning out though. Yes the Marlin mag does stick out but I can live with that as it admirably fulfils it's main task of putting the lead in the required spot accurately, and for a tight wad like me cheaply. The next step up accuracy wise is 3-5 times the price.