Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Best value bolt .22 besides Norinco....

finally put some decent glass on the wee norinco..a 6x42 kahles no less...sighted her in today at 50ish yards..I had forgotton how nice the trigger is on this particular rifle...its almost 2 stage.take up pressure and get about mm of movement and then it stops with just a little more pressure needed,never notice it on game but on paper its really nice...breaks like glass from there.
    surprised again at how quiet it is with subsonic 42grn without suppressor/moderator...supers still have crack but the slow stuff is just a quiet report... mounted scope right back as far as possible rearwards for smaller folks to use.... bit of a crane prone for me...but will help with smaller folks who use it.

Another question..... I'm totally confused as to which brand of suppressor to get for the Savage MkII? Any recommendations? Thanks

The bunny buster can for sale here would be a good option. (As long as your savage is 1/2x20 threaded) Have the same on my cz and quite happy with it.

https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....r-16%94-64847/

Otherwise DPT seems to be the standard these days.
    bumblefoot likes this.

Here's the new bunny rig. a Savage MKII .22LR, Nikko Stirling Panamax 3-9x40 ao ir scope (got it new from Wilsons in Whanganui for $179!) and a DPT suppressor. Haven't put any rounds through it yet but will try it with CCI subs over the weekend

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 218
Size:  362.5 KB
    gadgetman, GravelBen and northdude like this.

I'm happy with the accuracy so far with CCI 40gr subs. At 25m and a 25mm orange dot

Name:  3.JPG
Views: 362
Size:  200.0 KB
    northdude likes this.

northdude
    mrs has one as well nice no fuss rifle

Quote Originally Posted by bumblefoot View Post
    I'm happy with the accuracy so far with CCI 40gr subs. At 25m and a 25mm orange dot

Attachment 150051
    My Finnscout does similar groups - and it only cost $200!

Back in 1983 lol!

(I thought I was getting ripped off until I saw the price of a new one)
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

@Finnwolf That's great! The little Savage only cost $359
    Frogfeatures likes this.

I sent the little Savage back to Wilsons in Whanganui as about 2 or 3 rounds from each 10 were failing to eject. A bit of internet research showed it to be a reasonably common problem. Kudos to Wilsons; they had it back to me within about 10-days after they'd had the chamber slightly reamed.

Absolutely stoked with how well the .22 shoots; especially considering it's a basic entry level model. The groups should tighten more when I shoot prone rather than from the wobbly old picnic table! The paddock grass is too long to shoot prone at the moment, but will shoot it at a mates in the next couple of days. The orange dot is 25mm wide (5-shot groups at 25m). Now to go and do some door knocking around the neighbouring farms to see if they want their rabbit numbers reduced.

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 163
Size:  178.0 KB

northdude
    Dont clean it to much could take 20 or 30 rounds before it settles down that's what we have found at the club
    bumblefoot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    Dont clean it to much could take 20 or 30 rounds before it settles down that's what we have found at the club
    Cleaning 22s, what is this dark magic you speak of?
    bumblefoot likes this.

@northdude The only 22 I've ever cleaned was his rifle (and my old 10/22) when I bought them to get them ready to shoot for the first time
    northdude likes this.