Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Best value gunsafe

Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    When was the last time that happened in NZ?
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-time...-rural-waikato

About 5 days ago.

Some great feedback on this to date. To add my 2 cents worth. Once you have secured your guns legally it then depends on the value of the guns you are trying to protect. I looked around for safes a few years ago and was frustrated with the quality and mixed information you got on ratings. Total Solutions in NZ make an excellent quality safe ( Baronet Safes). What I did like about there large safe was it was wide and not deep. So effectively your guns sit in one row. Rather than the traditional row across the back and two side rows.
    The only downside to these safe in my view they do not provide fire proofing.
    My conclusion in the end was to buy Large Australian Chubb bank safes. I have two double keyed units and one digital. These are a serious solution weighing in excess of 1 tonne.
    One last comment regardless of what safe you buy make sure the door opens 180 degrees. I note a lot of safe doors only open to 90 degrees. This means you have a door jutting directly out in the way.

Thanks for that input @Southcity and others who have posted. I'm realistic enough to know that the financial value of my modest collection is not a major consideration. I have, however, become quite attached to each and every gun that I have so am interested in going further than simply complying with regulations. Although my experience so far with police checks is that the interpretation of the regulation varies hugely. I may not be able to stretch to the cost of a baronet, but will consider.