Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Blaser 4-20x58 IC

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Interestingly if Uncle Google is correct, Blaser, Sauer, Swiss Arms and Mauser merged to form SigArms. The joint company then formed GSO (German Sport Optics) and purchased Minox and Optronika (think Premier reticles) and started making this Infinity line of scope as well as binoculars. Be very keen to see further review as they look like a good scope that should have access to excellent tech and tooling for this and future models.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

R93
    Yeah seeing the price it is a bit much imo for a hunting rifle. Especially where I carry mine.
    Haven't had any issues with scopes I rely on now so will likely get another.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Yeah seeing the price it is a bit much imo for a hunting rifle. Especially where I carry mine.
    Haven't had any issues with scopes I rely on now so will likely get another.

Safe-car-helo-deckchair-helo-car-safe. Can't see even my nana's bone china having to much of a hard time going hunting with you mate.
    R93 likes this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by widerange View Post
    if you have a blaser you only need 1 rifle.
    easy enough to record the difference between barrels and adjust accordingly.
    I do have a blaser....

With a scope like the one mentioned, I reckon blaser should develop a system that allows a quick change of turret, with adjustable "zero stop" or something, that allows you to chuck on another barrel, change the turret and wind both windage and elevation to your next barrels pre set zero. No trying to remember clicks or set zero etc. Then I could certainly justify this scope as mag range is great.
    The changing of turret needs to be as simple and quick as the barrel and bolt change, e.g a non tech savvy or someone who doesn't fiddle with turrets should be able to easily do it.

I can do it now with my pulsar thermal as it has preset zeros.
    outdoorlad likes this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Safe-car-helo-deckchair-helo-car-safe. Can't see even my nana's bone china having to much of a hard time going hunting with you mate.
    You spastic. We only took you on a trip like that coz you couldnt be left alone. When you did go out by yourself ya tripped up in the river and come back to camp with an ouchy 5 mins after leaving

Had a client brake her wrist last year going for morning routine. Didn't say anything till she return to Switzerland.
    BRADS, Mathias and Sauer like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
    Haha great Video , Quentin Tarantino in the making
    A bit more violence needed, not sure who I'll bring in for that...

Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    $5513 nzd
    Not sure what it's going to be here now. Our currency is crashing. Have a Clymr stock on order from Gunwerks, price went up 30% last week alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    Nice video.
    You seem pretty well isolated from everywhere any way:-)

You could do a quick video on the turrets . Or do a comparison with your minox or Schmidt and bender at dusk trying to read a news paper at a distance for exemple?
    I'll do that when able.

Quote Originally Posted by stickle7 View Post
    Love your house, is there any lawn to mow?
    It's an outhouse, not mine. I live over the hill in the background, 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetroot View Post
    Whats the reticle?
    On pictures I've seen online are a standard duplex with illuminated dot.
    Yes. Only option available. Would really have liked more support for windage.

Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    Was going to say that... pretty expensive for a scope that can't be used on another rifle
    Not so. Rail system is fairly common in central Europe and you can buy Recknagel/ EAW rail mounts for basically any rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by widerange View Post
    if you have a blaser you only need 1 rifle.
    easy enough to record the difference between barrels and adjust accordingly.
    Well... I have a Reminton 700 too. Different tool, different job. With the price development in Blaser barrels...

Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    The changing of turret needs to be as simple and quick as the barrel and bolt change, e.g a non tech savvy or someone who doesn't fiddle with turrets should be able to easily do it.
    I've been looking at my own turret. There is a fair chance I'll modify it to suit my preference for external BDC. The stage is already set (in the construction) for a system similar to what you describe.

Have you got any details on the scope/turret system in design @Norway

Here you go:

Name:  20200331_105115.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  282.1 KB

Name:  20200331_105131.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  323.2 KB

Name:  20200331_105153.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  337.4 KB

Name:  20200331_105254.jpg