Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Blaser Innomount question, anyone got one?

Yeah I thought I might have got a set with a new gun, but not to be. Thanks for the info, will jump on and get one now
    R93 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by moose272 View Post
    Yeah I thought I might have got a set with a new gun, but not to be. Thanks for the info, will jump on and get one now
    stager aren't known for freebies!
    kiwijames likes this.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Ejected
    So @Nibblet came over with the zruncho mount and it fixed the eye relief issue I was having. Posting it here for future reference.

The mount is a bit longer than the Blaser mount.

The issue I had was the erector housing was pretty large on the scope I was mounting so it was impacting how far back I could move the scope. Don't think this would be an issue with a "normal" scope.
    outdoorlad and R93 like this.

Cant get this guy(Zruncho) to respond or list one of the Gunstar light fixed mounts, he has all the others listed, bugger will have to get one from eruo optics and pay the extra $50 in shipping

Ejected
    Or wait patiently, nah screw that.
    @moose272 I'll be selling two Blaser saddle mounts shortly. 34mm rings. I can do them for the same price as this guy sells his if you are interested.

One is new in bag, other is new mounted only.

Cheers for the offer Alonzo, but need 30mm, yeah suppose I should just wait patiently lol as I am still waiting for gun to arrive in NZ

I had an Innomount , but sold it because it mounted the scope to high .
    After some research I ended up buying a rail mount and combined with the lowest rings I could find I achieved success .
    This is my favourite setup on my .223 barrel , the old 6 power Leupold scope is as clear and reliable as my more expensive scopes and allows for the lowest setup that is physically possible on a Blaser without grinding the top off the safety to clear the scope .
    You can just see the neoprene comb raiser on the stock that raises my cheek a few millimetres to achieve a shotgun type perfect gun fit where my eye is absolutely perfectly centred when I mount the rifle .
    On my 7mm barrel the scope is larger so the rings used are slightly higher but still mounted on one of those rails . I do have to slip a spacer under the neoprene when using that barrel to get the same fit .
    The quick detach mounts just aren't low enough in my opinion and for the cost of those rails and some rings that I already owned its easier and more importantly fail safe accuracy wise to just have the scopes permanently attached to the barrels .
    But as a matter of interest I have removed the rails as an experiment and they do return to zero , but it just takes longer to remove and reinstall them .

Ken
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

Ejected
    Thanks @Ground Control, nice little write up. Appreciate it. I had arrived at similar conclusions and have managed to place orders for a few of the non-quick detach rails with custom MOA tilt to match my optics.