Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Blaser K95 Owners

Smile Blaser K95 Owners

Looking at ordering 1 , in either 6.5 x 55 or 7 x 57r , is there any issues with getting the non rimmed case out ? and do I shell out and buy the Blaser carry case or is there a cheaper /better option you can buy ?
    Any advice appreciated , Cheers

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    @stug

I've got a 7x65R, my mate has a 270. From what I have heard the rimmed vs non-rimmed is just personal choice. The extractor for non-rimmed works well.
    I haven't bothered with the case. I have a couple of dry bags made up and put the rifle in that while walking in and out.

I d go 6.5x55 , better cases , ammo easier to find in most places and can be reloaded "long" to come close to the throat .
    muzr257 likes this.

Thanks Stug, just the answer was looking for, I think 6.5 x 55 it will be , easier to get ammo and lighter recoil for me , how have you found your K95 ? I have been looking at them for a few years and bugger it ya only live once , think I will be in the dog box for a few weeks when the Mrs sees the bank balance though ....Hahaha

I love my K95!!!!!! I shot a hind at 390yds with it last week, a stag at 360yds back in March. I love being able to take it apart and strap it to my pack for the walk in/out. It retains zero perfectly. I've hit targets out to 940yds with it.
    The only real pain is when you reload you lose your sight picture and have to re-set the rifle etc. I've shot about 5 animals with it now and only needed 2 shots once.
    You do need to make sure that you have the butt properly on your shoulder though. I've noticed if you don't have the but high enough the rifle can slip during recoil and shoot high, something my straight cheekpiece rifles didn't do. Although I see that Blaser are making a straight cheekpiece version again rather than just the hogsback stock version.
    What model are you going to get? I have the standard version, my mate has the edition model. If I'd had unlimited money I would have gone for a Barronese stutzen.

They've come out with a carbon fibre k95. Looks very Star-Wars...

Name:  images (1).jpeg
Views: 827
Size:  20.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    I love my K95!!!!!! I shot a hind at 390yds with it last week, a stag at 360yds back in March. I love being able to take it apart and strap it to my pack for the walk in/out. It retains zero perfectly. I've hit targets out to 940yds with it.
    The only real pain is when you reload you lose your sight picture and have to re-set the rifle etc. I've shot about 5 animals with it now and only needed 2 shots once.
    You do need to make sure that you have the butt properly on your shoulder though. I've noticed if you don't have the but high enough the rifle can slip during recoil and shoot high, something my straight cheekpiece rifles didn't do. Although I see that Blaser are making a straight cheekpiece version again rather than just the hogsback stock version.
    What model are you going to get? I have the standard version, my mate has the edition model. If I'd had unlimited money I would have gone for a Barronese stutzen.
    Are they alloy or steel reciever?

Alloy

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    They've come out with a carbon fibre k95. Looks very Star-Wars...

Attachment 110307
    Yep that looks bloody terrible , Leather inlays in stock as well imagine how long that lasts in NZ conditions.
    Frodo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    Shit that’s bloody good shooting for a light wee rifle , I seen a picture of the straight stocked version and don’t like the look of it , I am looking at the Luxus at this stage
    stug likes this.

LOC
    those new straight stocks look pretty good

other than the recoil thing you mention how does the cheek weld feel for you when looking through a scope on your hogsback @stug ?

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 9.32.15 AM.png
Views: 671
Size:  180.5 KB

Cheek weld is pretty good. A little bit higher cheek would be nicer. The open sights line up nicely.

Pics!!!

What do they cost @stug?
    Warm Barrels!

Quote Originally Posted by 300_BLK View Post
    Pics!!!

What do they cost @stug?
    @300_BLK you know you want one.
    300_BLK likes this.