Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: bolt .22

I was going to get a JW15 for my elder son and i found the action very average to say the least, it felt notchy to use and no doubt would be difficult for the young fella to enjoy.
    In the end i got him a Savage Mk2F 22LR with synthetic stock, it was smooth but a little tight when new, now after a few hundred rounds its great, and accurate!
    My other younger son has CZ452 with wood stock and that was butter out of the box, nothing but nice nice nice...

if you are on a budget get a Savage or Marlin, if not get a CZ or similar... just my 2 cents.,
    Spudattack likes this.

Id have a Norinco .22, problem is I can out shoot the rifle and it's bloody annoying. I've also bought a mod 54 ansultz 1963 mod with the good action, it goes where I want it to!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Id have a Norinco .22, problem is I can out shoot the rifle and it's bloody annoying. I've also bought a mod 54 ansultz 1963 mod with the good action, it goes where I want it to!
    I wish I could out shoot the JW15 I got for the kids. This is sighting it in at 50m, three x five shot groups.

Just wish my shooting was more consistent. See the muffed shot in the last one.
    Toby and grunzter like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Muffed or rifle? I've had two norincos and shooting subs inside always inaccurate, compared with the Anshultz. Can call a shot with that and it's there, I'm not a great shot,but not bad IMHO, and the norincos are always frustrating, as some ammo can be.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Muffed or rifle? I've had two norincos and shooting subs inside always inaccurate, compared with the Anshultz. Can call a shot with that and it's there, I'm not a great shot,but not bad IMHO, and the norincos are always frustrating, as some ammo can be.
    Muffed. They were just quick mag loads to get sighted in and I knew I pulled those shots. Mudgripz was averaging 0.4" groups with it at 50m. This from a $100 second hand rifle.

Mate is putting his CZ on the market as his JW15 is shooting just as well as it.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

The one I have is now 20 yrs old, bought it new for my son, probably fired 200 rounds in its life.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I have a wee Marlin 925 and it is a real tack driver. Chopped it to 14" and suppressed. Fantastic
    Definately a step up from the JW.
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Quote Originally Posted by cambo View Post
    I have a wee Marlin 925 and it is a real tack driver. Chopped it to 14" and suppressed. Fantastic
    Definately a step up from the JW.
    Can't believe you got your mitts on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Can't believe you got your mitts on that one.
    I originally wanted the JW Mike was going to flick off but then saw the Marlin.
    I think his fingers might still be healing from me tearing it away. lol
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh